Belly Putting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoak

New
belly putter is great practice aid too. I use the BP with the Putting arc and it really is a good combo. Then again, I use the claw for my everyday rounds.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

All "Golfing Machine" putting is not necessarily done with an Angled Hinge.

Belly Putting DOES guarantee LOW POINT will be in the same place every stroke.

Personally, I don't like it....too many other (better) options.

[?]Hi Brian - please explain..... what you prefer

I like to strip thinks down to the basic level - Seems to me the best putting method will be one with reduced number of, or more reliable, levers

Seems defined fulcrum of belly putting naturally creates:
  • reliable dynamic loft (same as address)
  • plane of putter arc
  • reliable wrist action

The way putting is taught now is that we putt with a 1 piece action hoping the wrist set and release is reliable. The term pendulum is used but the pendulum is never defined. Belly putting allows golfers to take their normal set up and putt with a simple defined </u>pendulum - and reliable</u> wrist action to boot

The best putter on the tour in 2004 - Cink, used a belly putter exclusively

Cheers:)

Simon

I "invented" belly putting about twelve yrs. ago when I was injured and couldn't do full swings, so I turned my attention to putting. I was really ticked off, and wanted to come up with something big.

I showed it to a pro in Arizona, and sometime later, I was watching it on TV.

The truth is, it's likely quite a few people have "invented" this method independently over the years. I have heard a fellow in New Zealand applied for a "belly putting" patent about 40 yrs. ago.

Anyway, in the early 90's, I had special belly putters made up and you should have seen the look on peoples's faces when I first tried it out on the putting greens. I knew it was good.

I wrote a 150 pg. book on putting (unpublished) on another method of putting. But that's another story.

David Alford

Status
Not open for further replies.