Best Pattern Past and Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remeber thinking that the old baddeley swing IMO was an excellent swing, and didnt really understand why he changed! lol

when i did the thread about the centre of the matrix, i was looking for someone who had a double shift, sequenced release, horizontal hinging, slightly stronger grip than neutral, and all the moves of a normal swing.

baddeley had all of these and would be a great model for the centre, i think

Well, obviously not Brian, but the best pattern would be the one that produces the best results (and maybe looks the ugliest and most homemade in doing so - Trevino and Palmer would be way up there). Put golfers in order of most majors and tournament wins and you have the best patterns - for those golfers. Get 8 guys who look like Adam Scott and you have the Division I golf team who play where I play, outstanding golfers -- most of whom are destined for for MBAs, not the PGA. Their swings look great on the monitor. Maybe more of them should look as weird as Kenny Perry or Paul Goydos? Oh, there was one guy practicing with the team 4-5 years ago who is now one of the top 50 players in the world. I couldn't have picked him out of the rest of the crowd on the "swing beauty" scale.

Last edited:
The guy that always comes to my mind these days in the "ugly swings" category is Jeev Milkha Singh.

Barf!

(I love it based on ugliness alone!)

Not sure how good he hits it.............but it must be good enough to be...

...87th in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.