Big Break Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a big fan of Big Break series. The level of talent has risen dramatically since the first year of the series. If some of you who follow the show remember, the first season had guys/gals who could barely win a club championship. Now they are all touring pros who have not quite made to the top tier.

I think I liked it better though when they had the amatuers..........

I generally like the show, but there's always an odd player in there in terms of their ability to play the game. Usually they have at least one player who just isn't good enough to compete.

I also don't like the players that ham it up for the camera and embarrass themselves and the ettiquette of the game. It's a 'gentlemen's game' people, either abide by it or take up bowling.

3JACK

TGC has done a very good job with the BB series. I believe it is one of their highest ratings getters. Who would have thought you could come up with a reality TV series around golf?

They've also done a good job of adapting and raising the talent level from series to series. I would agree with 3Jack that there are always the odd one or two who look like they don't belong, but it must be a tough show to do casting for. (A buddy of mine played against the 2 Finau brothers in an event in Vegas a while back. Both are good guys and he said they hit it so far you can't believe it.... and my buddy is long).

As far as the personalities, I have no doubt they look for the right mix and they intentionally include an A-hole or two. In fact I would guess the producers encourage some of the behavior you see as it makes for "good TV".

I love the show, easily the best show on TGC apart from the tournaments...
I miss Brian Skatell from last season...he was hilarious!

The talent level has definitely risen, which makes the show way more watchable for me.

However, I wish they would actually play golf, rather than having these stupid contests where they get to pick a certain type of shot to hit, or have to hit it over a wall, under a wall, around a wall, etc. I find this crap to be so goddamn stupid.

I typically like the final episodes of each season, where they have the players do match or stroke play. Each man for himself.

Any contest that makes a guy dependent on someone else's playing ability is again, in my opinion, pretty stupid and also contrary to the nature of their quest.

Make them go it alone. I'm sure that's what they want.

A "7" that can play decent golf is a "10+" in my book. They've had some smokin' golfer chicks on the show.. I like watching the gals more than the guys.

While very bizarre, I've actually known a contestant or two in almost all of the series. That adds an extra element of surprise seeing how they do.

This next show, like the Mesquite show, seems to be all studs that can play. I'll watch it, but bring back the gals.

A "7" that can play decent golf is a "10+" in my book. They've had some smokin' golfer chicks on the show.. I like watching the gals more than the guys.

While very bizarre, I've actually known a contestant or two in almost all of the series. That adds an extra element of surprise seeing how they do.

This next show, like the Mesquite show, seems to be all studs that can play. I'll watch it, but bring back the gals.

What would you guess are the handicaps for the players on this show?

I predict Giuliani's son will have a meltdown during the show, be eliminated, and then try to sue The Big Break/TGC for eliminating him.

What would you guess are the handicaps for the players on this show?

He's not talking about handicaps. He's talking about the girls. A girl that would normally be a "7" immediately jumps to around a "10" if she plays golf. Bonus if she can actually play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.