both feet 90degrees to target line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have notice more and more tour pros have both feet 90 degress to the target line on all shots, short and long.. Does anybody know what the advantage to this is ?

I noticed that too. MJ has talked about the advantages of this in some of his videos...apparently its more biomechanically stable...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
It is easier for the golfer going through impact to not over orate their pelvis and to apply reverse rotational torque too the ground.

i think how turned out the left foot is also depends on the internal rotation mobility of the lead hip of that player...it's a trade off between the extra snap in the kinetic sequence vs whether you can get your body open enough at impact for your particular swing.

It is easier for the golfer going through impact to not over orate their pelvis and to apply reverse rotational torque too the ground.

I was told many years ago to swing this way and it did help to prevent my left knee from breaking down but the older I get the more my
left knee will hurt.

Golf is the only sport in the world where people assume (and even demand) that the advice they are given about proper technique should also be the healthiest and hurt the least.

Bottom line: If you use the technique of a tour pro and produce the same types of stresses on the back, and torque on the joints, etc.....it is not good for your body and you'll probably experience some pain at some point.

If a football player or basketball player blows his knee out, it is precisely because he was using good technique, and changing directions very quickly...and some body part just gave up.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
At some point wulsy, it is too much.

.....but for a real handle dragging, reverse rolling chicken winger, one last pointing left of Hillary, golfer.....maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.