Brian Manzella Live from the PGA Golf Show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Just wanted to see who may be at the PGA Show next week...a club pro friend of mine from Wisconsin is attending and he signed me up as his 'Non-PGA Memeber Buyer'! Unfortunately, he didn't give me access to his Purchasing Accounts...

Dobber

I will be attending my 23rd consecutive PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida, next week, January 24, 25, 26 & 27.

I just love the show. For a guy who loves to shop, and loves golf, and is a "gear head," is is like Christams morning for a kid.

This year will be special because I will--for the very first time--be "showing" a new product:

The long-awaited first commercial DVD by Yours Truly...

Never Slice Again! 2.0

Rover Golf, the superior training aid company owned by our great pal John Rohan-Weaver, who is an Authorized Instructor of The Golfing Machine. His company is stocking, and selling, Never Slice Again! on DVD, and will be selling it at the Show as well.

I will spend some time in the booth selling the NSA DVD as well as John's excellent products, including the ultimate Never Slice Again training aid: The "Pure Swing."

I will try to see the whole show as well, to keep up on everything golf.

Joe Daniels and Doug DeChateau of The Golfing Machine, LLC will be sharing the booth with John and we'll all have a great time seeing old friends and making new ones.

Tom Bartlett, Mike Finney and Chris Hamburger will all be attending as well along with all the wives, my sweetie as well.

Bentley J. Doyle--the one and only--will also be showing his products as well at the show at the APV golf booth (makers of the Power Stance).

Hope to see many of you in sunny Orlando!!!

BM:

Not sure which day I'll be there but I'll be sure to stop by the booth and say 'Hello' if you are there (or to Mike, Tom, etc). I met Ben there last year on the final day, but only for a brief moment.

Anyway, safe travels!

Dobber

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Day 1 - Demo Day at Orange County National

Today was Demo Day at the world's largest driving range—Orange County National—out in the sticks outside Orlando, Florida.

There is NOTHING like this spectacle. Nearly every manufacturer. Nearly every golf club and shaft available. You can hit 'em all.

Of course if you did, you'd spend the night on intravenous fluilds.

So many cars and nowhere to put them. Our Ben Doyle showing his wares to the masses. And I mean masses. He even had a Never Slice Again! DVD on display.

We saw Dave Edel, showing his putters, and we hit all the drirvers like looked good and some of the ones that didn't look square—but ARE square. As in SpongeBob. The Nike Sumo sounds like a mini-garbage can half stuffed with rumpled newspaper.

The Wilson W5 wedge looks exacly like the Joe Phillips 55 (JP55) wedge from the 70's and 80's. I hit the New TaylorMade TP Burner so long and straight that Tom Bartlett told me to call the factory immediately and order the EXACT one. I'll call Monday.

So, except for dinner this evening with Ben, his wife Joanne, Mike Finney, Tom and Jennifer Bartlett and the Stallion, day one is in the books.

If you are in Orlando for the show, I'll see ya tomorrow.

Peace. ;)

Square Drivers at the Show

Brian:

I would concur...I hit the Sumo2 and the Callaway FTi...to me, they both look horrible at address and sound...well not very appealing. I did like the Tour Edge - Exotics Tour Proto driver. I hit a 10* with an Accra shaft...good combination there!

Dobber

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Day 2 - Opening Day at the Orange County Convention Center

Logistics.

When you have one Michael (Finney), one Tom (Bartlett), one Ben and Joanne (Doyle) and one nervous Itallian (that'd be me), one show, two exibitors, three attendees, too many people in one booth, driving rain, and 40,000 others doing the same—you better be good at Logistics.

Whew!

I sold a few Never Slice Agains, Ben sold a few mats, I saw a little of the show, and the boys (Tom and Mike) saw most of it.

The report:

Best new item was a new putter made in partnership with Adams golf from a small Asian company, that has—get this—a mni computer IN the putter head, with a color LCD touch-screen, that records you whole stroke.

Really.

I'll look at tomorrow much closer.

Tom and Mike were impressed with the ABOUTGolf launch monitor, and I was with the Golftek pro6. I was more impressed with dinner at Flemming's and getting to see Chris and Laura Hamburger, who just drove over from Naples.

Ben stood up all day in the APV booth, and I was in his booth, Rover Golf's booth (where my video played all day long and was watched by 1000's as they walked by), and The Golfing Machine's (which were all near by).

I'll sell early and look later tomorrow, and Ill have much more to report on then Dinner.

Ciao. :)

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
LOOOOONG DAY! But fun! Just got back to the room from dinner...it's 12 midnight. Dinner at Flemming's with Brian, Mike, Chris, his wife Laura, Ben and his wife Joanne and my wife Jennifer (not sure about spelling, we've only been together 9 years). Brian had to leave early to pick up his wife (what's her name).

Best thingy at da show was the Adams company putter as Brian mentioned. It helped you line up the putter and after you hit the putt it showed club-head path, tempo, impact location on putter face, clubface aim at impact and some other stuff...$600.00

About golf launch monitor...first one I've seen that works.

Air conditioning and heating for your golf cart and it worked really well. Attaches easily to any cart. If I owned a cart it would be a must have.

Lots of clothes...LOTS of clothes...Superdome full of clothes!

Regarding the two square headed drivers (Nike and Callaway), I did not see a big difference in distance. Accuracy seemed to be okay but only took about 10 swipes with each. Obviously there could be some benefit with different loft/shaft combinations. I hit most of these two at the Graphite Design shaft area where I tried both with different shafts. I just could not look down at the ugly head anymore. Some people may end up loving it, just not for me at all.

Dobber

Thanks Dobber, I am considering getting a new driver those seemed weird but interesting. You were great on the show "Coach" by the way.

Coach

MR I:

Some days I think I have a bit more smarts than that Dobber, but now always! Actually, in High School, we were at BBall practice and I kept throwing up some lefty hook shots. One of the guys on my team called me 'Dobber' as in Bob Lanier...the nickname with my high school buds still sticks today!

bray

New
I have had the privilidge to teach lessons on the AboutGolf simulator for the last five months, and I can honestly say it's the best I've seen. Titleist told me that the carry distance on ball flight was accurate to with in one yard, and the spin rate averaged out to be about 400 rpm's to high.
Did any of you guys get a website for this Adams putter????
I would love to learn more about it.

Sorting Through the Duffer's Bible.

B-Ray

Brian,

Enjoyed spending time with you ...

Thank you very much for going out of your way to make sure I met Ben Doyle and Joe Daniels...

I'm looking forward to the BGTT Conference at MIT in March...

See you there

David Orr

I have had the privilidge to teach lessons on the AboutGolf simulator for the last five months, and I can honestly say it's the best I've seen. Titleist told me that the carry distance on ball flight was accurate to with in one yard, and the spin rate averaged out to be about 400 rpm's to high.
Did any of you guys get a website for this Adams putter????
I would love to learn more about it.

Sorting Through the Duffer's Bible.

B-Ray

Ref Adam's putter go here...PRICEY!!!!...
http://thesandtrap.com/columns/bag_drop/adams_golf_launches_dixx_digital_instruction_putter/

TBH it is cheaper and more informative to get yourself to a SAM Puttlab using pro. He can tell you more than that for 50 bucks or so.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.