Brian Manzella YouTube Show - Episode 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doh!

I've wasted many a thousand balls recently at the range trying to do that forward while still going back thing!:(

At least I now know why I couldn't do it!:eek:

Thanks B

bcoak

New
Maybe you should send Leadbetter the link to this episode given a recent statement of his:
"If you watch the pros swing in slow motion, you'll notice they actually start to shift forward before the clubhead completes the backswing arc. "

Thanks Brian,
Another brilliant episode...this series deserves more re runs than *Mash*

Last edited:

dbl

New
The Nicklaus pattern was very interesting to see, as was the "correction" of the going forwad while going back stuff. Thanks again for good stuff.

I know that this information on wrist loading is correct from many yrs of going up blind alleys to accidently finding it. Especially 6:01 where you flatten or cock the left wrist and bend the right wrist at the top. Must have a flat wrist at top. Brian is right on about this

Thanks

I picked some good teaching with your 5 lessons.

I always had trouble with the pushing the hips while rotating but I understand it now.

Thanks again!!!:D :D :D

Outstanding! Like many others, I have struggled to make my body go in two directions at the same time. Many thanks for clearing this issue up once and for all.

sorry brian i hate to start an argument and i hope i dont, but i believe the arms CAN still be goin back whilst the lower body starts. this is not however a manipulation on behalf of the golfer, which i totally agree with. i believe this is a natural reaction of the brain. as the arms swing back, the Central Nervous System (CNS) calculates that the arms are goin to swing back at the ball with hopefully more power and speed then they did goin back.

the body's natural reaction is to clear the left hip. the faster the player intends to make his transition, the earlier the CNS will clear the left hip. in players like bubba watson whos transition is immensly fast, the lower body needs more lead time than most.

if an average player goes out and tries to replicate this however, by manipulating the hips forward whilst the arms are being swung back, then yes, some very strange shots will be hit. it is simply because there swings and transitions are not fast enough to merit this move.

i also agree the momentum of the club can also create the illusion of this move. but i still think that it is possible for the arms to physically be moving back whilst the lower body starts forward

The Stallion Strikes Again:

Hi Brian,
Just watched episode 5, i think i know now why i have no distance, i loved the qoute about take the club to a position rather than trying to hold a position.
I have always been told to swing my arms, now i see, its the arms have to be moved, by the pivot.
Have wasted 1000's of hours and millions of balls,plus a lot of £££££'s:

Status
Not open for further replies.