Brian Manzella's Fiddle Drill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
OK...

http://homepage.mac.com/brianmanzella/.Movies/fiddlesmall.mov

I designed this drill (demonstration)to SHOW how lag and release happen in a SWING.

The first part is taking the 'grip' with thumb/forefinger/&middle finger of both hands.

The 'backswing' is a placement of the shaft on the right side of the head on the shoulders.

There is two parts: the first is FIDDLE-ing, the right arm straightening OUTWARD from the end of the backswing. The sconed is TILTing while yoy fiddle.

Do them both (as if done separately), and add the PIVOT and BOOM! : A REAL GREAT LOOKING MAXIMUM TRIGGER DELAY swinging motion!!

hue

New
Thanks Brian. I will work on this. This looks like a drill that will help incorporate float loading in the swing. I have never seen a drill like this before so for me it is a first and is original.

Brian,
Are you familiar at all with Paul Bertholy? From what I can tell from his teachings, the fiddle drill would complement it great. Great drill!!! I will work on that alot to get more lag. Thanks.

EdZ

New
so would you suggest 'trying' to make that move during a swing? Or is this just to show the concept? Please clarify so people don't get on the wrong track.

a good demonstration of "pulling the arrow" feel (Davis Love, either golf digest, or golf magazine, late 80's) ;)

an original demonstration of the concept is at least a start!

;)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
ED, the article you refered to was about DavisIII taking lessons from the late great Golfing Machine Instructor Tom Tomasello.

Tomasello learned it from Homer Kelley, of course.

and Ed...this IS what you should TRY to do.

hue

New
"a good demonstration of "pulling the arrow" feel (Davis Love, either golf digest, or golf magazine, late 80's) " Could you go into this? I have not seen the magazine in question.

bcoak

New
what is this supposed to show? i do not understand.
also, where are you filming this - your apt. parking lot? :)

Brian, is there any danger or maybe better wording would be a means by which you don't start cocking the trailing wrist? I realize we don't want too, but there seems to be a possiblity of this happening during the initial action of moving the club up onto the shoulder with a bent leading arm.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

ED, the article you refered to was about DavisIII taking lessons from the late great Golfing Machine Instructor Tom Tomasello.

Doesn't a flat left wrist make this fairly difficult? Assuming you have good extension going back, aren't you just keeping that extenstion going down by doing this? (but still on a different arc, because of the 'magic move')

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by hue

"a good demonstration of "pulling the arrow" feel (Davis Love, either golf digest, or golf magazine, late 80's) " Could you go into this? I have not seen the magazine in question.

Same idea as Brian's drill.... but the image was that you were an archer with arrows slung over your shoulder, and had the feel of reaching back, and pulling an arrow out, which would make your hands move in a similar fashion as brian's demonstration

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

quote:Originally posted by hue

Same idea as Brian's drill.... but the image was that you were an archer with arrows slung over your shoulder, and had the feel of reaching back, and pulling an arrow out, which would make your hands move in a similar fashion as brian's demonstration
Before that: Pull an arrow out of its quiver, tail-end first via Homer Kelley.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

I thought you said this was original 'Manzella' drill?

Still waiting to learn anything new from you.....;)

Brian, I downloaded the quick-time player. Now I can open the 8-iron movie. But the others don't work. What do I have to do to make them run?

Axel

quote:Originally posted by Martee

Brian, is there any danger or maybe better wording would be a means by which you don't start cocking the trailing wrist? I realize we don't want too, but there seems to be a possiblity of this happening during the initial action of moving the club up onto the shoulder with a bent leading arm.

Any thoughts?

Axel,

What you can do is right click on the link and choose the option 'Save Target As' then save the file that you are trying to view onto your computer.
Once that is done, double click on the file that you have save and it will launch in the QT window and then you can view it.
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.