Brian: Thoughts on Power Hitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

I know you like and endorse very few training aids but that you do like the stuff from Rover Golf (me too). My wife picked me up a Power Hitter for Christmas to help me stay in shape during the lag between rounds. After I got my grip fixed (thanks for building blocks beta), I was able to hit it pretty straight. I found that the weight helped me work my right shoulder downplane better and it also let me feel an incredible amount of lag pressure. Each of these translated into my regular (non heavy) driver. Actually, I found I tended to begin hooking right after I used the Power Hitter.

Therefore, I ask, is the heavy club good or bad, in your opinion?

Thanks.

Anyone else can chime in on their experience with a heavy club, good or bad.

No responses from anyone which is disappointing. I have the speed stik and it does build some strength. I don't think it helped me as much as the Power Hitter since I can hit balls with one and not the other. The speed stik is fun in the parking lot to see how fast your friends swing a club. Our observations are that the faster you swing, the further you hit (duh). I was surprised that one of my regular partners who drives it well over 300 on most holes swings at 130 easily. For the life of me, we can't figure out how he does because his swing looks very slow. I, on the other end, swing it at 110 and hit much shorter (but much, much straighter....thanks Brian).

Overall, I liked the speed stik but routinely use the Power Hitter for actual training.

Hope it helps.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Possibly, because it is so ever the mass of the clubhead is closing much faster than it needs to when you go back to your regular driver and thus hooking it.

Or because of the mass you are not rotating it properly and it induces a flip, again because it's so heavy.

Thanks Jim. I will keep both in mind when I go out to the range. I did have a problem with rotating the clubface properly so it is probably there. I never was a flipper except with the short irons.

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.