Brian's video on hitting it lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see why you'd discourage someone from hitting down more to lower the launch angle anyway. I can adjust my trajectory from real low to real high easily by keeping the same release timing and low point, but adjusting ball position. Every time that I have heard a Tour pro give a tip for hitting the ball lower, they have started with moving the ball back in the stance. Why make it harder than it has to be?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
If the goal is solely to keep it down, sure put it back in your stance and hit down on it. But...what kind of shot do you end up having and how many uses does it have? It won't fly as far, the path could be adversely affected and if you don't maintain the same loft relative to the attack angle, more spin could introduced. If you have good hand path, changing the loft you deliver is way less complicated IMO than putting it back, trapping it and trying to control that. It's like an entirely different swing which by definition, is harder.

leon

New
If the goal is solely to keep it down, sure put it back in your stance and hit down on it. But...what kind of shot do you end up having and how many uses does it have? It won't fly as far, the path could be adversely affected and if you don't maintain the same loft relative to the attack angle, more spin could introduced. If you have good hand path, changing the loft you deliver is way less complicated IMO than putting it back, trapping it and trying to control that. It's like an entirely different swing which by definition, is harder.

Yeah, seems to me that if you're hitting it low to keep the ball down in a headwind the last thing you'd want is more spin.

hp12c

New
Wow, thats what i like about this forum. this thread started out with just trying to find a video and now its building up some steam, nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.