Bubba Watson..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say that Todd? Just curious, it is a sexy pick.

Strong hunch. Bubba loves to butter those 350 yard fades off the tee. That's right-to-left. The "new" course is built for his game. He can hit it high. He can hit "shots". He'll play 13 and 15 at 8 under for the week. He can putt. He lost the last major in a play-off. He'll look good in green. He's "stupid" talented. He's ready to take the next step.

Strong hunch. Bubba loves to butter those 350 yard fades off the tee. That's right-to-left. The "new" course is built for his game. He can hit it high. He can hit "shots". He'll play 13 and 15 at 8 under for the week. He can putt. He lost the last major in a play-off. He'll look good in green. He's "stupid" talented. He's ready to take the next step.

I don't disagree with any of that, got him as a pick myself.

Pretty good pick. That's right too- he hits it right to left a lot...fade though. Hits it long...and fades come down softer.

His swing to me must be underrated...a lot of people would look at that and just think "old school". (Well...)

Though whatever technique you use you're gonna get attention hitting it that far.

No doubt his pivot is a pretty big part of why though...

(and of course great physical ability)

Hope to see Phil and Paddy keeping up good play. And Tiger will find a way to get it together. But won't win.

Should be interesting to see who's in the mix. Young guys...more established guys...etc.

Last edited:

lia41985

I like the pick. I think the best thing for the game of golf would be for Bubba and Fowler to be dueling down the stretch this weekend. Since you picked Bubba, I'll pick Rickie.

Last edited:
id like to see watney in the mix. his game is as good as anybody out there, but his confidence might not be as high as others. out of all the top players in the pga i would pick watney as the guy to go on to great things, and a major win might just give him the confidence to go on and reach his potential

Last edited:
I made two bets on the Masters:

Kuchar at 10:1
Cabrera at 55:1

I love Bubba too, I just don't think he is a good enough putter on the toughest greens on tour.

I agree with the "stupid" part. Length is important at Augusta, but you have to think your way around out there. I think he makes a big number (at least a double bogey) at #12, #13, or #15 during the week

Phil is the clear favorite, just ask him. Don't be surprised to see the following names in the Top 10...
Mickelson- -12
Watney
Donald
Poulter
Haas
Woods...somehow
Westwood...always
Fowler
Goosen
Kaymer

Did I miss anyone???

Phil is the clear favorite, just ask him. Don't be surprised to see the following names in the Top 10...
Mickelson- -12
Watney
Donald
Poulter
Haas
Woods...somehow
Westwood...always
Fowler
Goosen
Kaymer

Did I miss anyone???

Yes: Matt Kuchar. He's playing probably the best golf of the year so far.

Smoke/mirrors and a great understanding of the course I will take the "Cat" and by the way I take Tiger all the time because I just love to see him win!! Also I would love to see Hunter Mahan win as well as "RYO". Bubba would be cool also now that I think about it... My first choice would be TW though!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.