building a Inclined Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

timm

New
I was thinking of building a Inclined Plane like the one in book does anyone have any suggestions?

timm said:
I was thinking of building a Inclined Plane like the one in book does anyone have any suggestions?

Me too! Was at the local HD bending PVC pipe to see if the Schedule 40 could get a tight bend. Was thinking of doing flat loops, two or three on the same plane, to simulate. Thoughts then moved to buying a sheet of plywood and cutting a hole in it. Not sure what I'll do.

How does the one plane plywood idea play with a shifting of planes? ie. from shoulder to elbow on the way down.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
LiftOff said:
Me too! Was at the local HD bending PVC pipe to see if the Schedule 40 could get a tight bend. Was thinking of doing flat loops, two or three on the same plane, to simulate. Thoughts then moved to buying a sheet of plywood and cutting a hole in it. Not sure what I'll do.

How does the one plane plywood idea play with a shifting of planes? ie. from shoulder to elbow on the way down.

You would have to setup the plane board for the plane you plan on coming down on. So if you are like me and double shift, you'd set it up on the elbow plane so that i could come back down it.

If you were Adam Scott and reversed shift you wouldn't use the plane board at all in the backswing but would in the downswing.

What plane you use doesn't matter as long as you draw a straight one ;)

timm said:

The book "How To Win The Three Games of Golf" by Hank Johnson has a section on building a plane board.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
plane

After my trip to Homer and Sally Kelley's house, I came home and built a replica of Homer's. Homer's studio was very cool, glad I was able to have seen it. It was basically plastic sheeting with a whole cut in it and a long 2 x 4.

rundmc

Banned
xplosivegolf said:
After my trip to Homer and Sally Kelley's house, I came home and built a replica of Homer's. Homer's studio was very cool, glad I was able to have seen it. It was basically plastic sheeting with a whole cut in it and a long 2 x 4.
Sweet! What else was in the studio?

If I wanted to make a inclined plane with a big piece of plyboard with a hole in it I would have to set the plyboard up at an angle the same as my shaft angle at set up, yes?

Ricky1990 said:
If I wanted to make a inclined plane with a big piece of plyboard with a hole in it I would have to set the plyboard up at an angle the same as my shaft angle at set up, yes?

Yes, and it should be built so the plane angle is adjustable.

PVC Plane Board

Used to be somebody on e-bay that either sold plans for a PCV unit or sold the pieces. Haven't seen this ad in over a year, though.

Well today on on Golf Central I saw Zach Johnson practices with a stick in the ground behind him which is the same angle as his shaft at address and thought i might try it. So now im up out my seat eevry 10 minutes going in the garden sticking a bamboo stick in the ground and practicing my swing plane in the patio door reflection :)!

Sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.