BUILDING BLOCKS, COFF, NSA, SD, NHA, IATR, LCT ETC,

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
So my daughter was recruited for her varsity golf team, she hasnt played since she was in 3rd grade. "Not many teen girls want to golf" is what the coach said and when he found out my daughter played he convinced her to join the team. So I was back as her "swing coach" yay!!!! sorta! and let me tell you I threw everything I learned from this site on her, but in a understandible form for her. Well ist been about a week, she already had her 1st match, she did'nt to to bad considering how long she hasnt played in so long she will be playing her second match today. She is a little more prepared for todays match than her 1st one ALL THANKS TO BMANZ AND GUYS HERE!!!!!

hp12c

New
So she broke down her match. According to her and her playing partners she is a short game wizard and a couple of the girls want to come and practice with us. :cool: We worked on short chips and med to long pitches and putting, Her driver wasnt working too good but she was able to get her 26degree hybrid, I built, save her on a bunch of holes, nice.So she tell me "Dad I need more range time and some on course practice real soon". Well its like I have a new daughter :) I mean she wasnt bad she just didnt really want to hang with old Dad anymore. I knew it was coming was sorta prepared but not really so Im gonna take advantage of this!! Thanks guys!!!

hp12c

New
What a joy to hear my daughter describe her golf match and to also hear her say how she is improving on every match. On a long par 5 she hit into the farway bunker and decide to just pitch it out, "too risky to try and hit a long club out of there" is what she said. As she got closer she decied to knock on the green with her 26degree, with the wind blowing from left to right. She decied to aim more right cause she noticed how far offline the wind moved her ball when it went into the fairway bunker. So she puts it short of the green! She makes it sound so easy! Cant wait to play with her this Sunday.:cool:

hp12c

New
So we didnt get a chance to practice on the course last week, dont know who was more depressed me or her. Tomorrow we are going to try and get some preactice in, chipping, pitching, putting and then long game. We are going to be joined by another member of the team and based on what my daughter described she needs help. Chipping, pitching, putting is the prescription tomorrow, including me!

hp12c

New
Just got back from range preactice with my daughter :). She can hit some beautiful baby draws and fades with her driver, flies about 175-180yds. All I told her is hit it a little toward the toe to draw and opposite to fade. Im watching her and she says, "watch this draw" bam! beautiful high baby draw. Then of course "whatch this fade" beautiful high baby fade! Now she did hit some hooks and slices but over all her driver is pretty good. Her team member needed a lot more help in both short and long game. I prescribed a little twistaway and bam! no more rights just some nice straight shot and more solid same with chipping. Her Putting was all over the place so I had her putting under the string. Stabilized her putter face and she was making some nice 5 footers. She was so excited and felt she was gonna shoot lower on Tuesday with what she learned today. Nice morning!

hp12c

New
Just to let u guys know my daughters varsity golf team are league champs and the coach is gonna make my daughter his #2 player next season. Im trying to convince her to practice more and be #1. Im using driving lesson as bait! :)

We went to practice this morning and just as we were getting home I let her drive and told her "If u practice more and get better I will sign you up for legit driving lessons". She smiled and said "Well see".

Ohh, smart girl. Not showing her hand.

hp12c

New
Ohh, smart girl. Not showing her hand.

Yup, but she really wants to get her temp driving permit like I did whenI was 16. Man different time back then. No insurance on cars, driving late late at night, getting into all kinds of situations.:)

hp12c

New
Went to practice with my daughter and the teams #1 player. My thoughts are my daughter can beat her, their drivers go about the same distance, but the irons are where my daughter is lacking. Once she gets her irons dialed in watch out. It will be fun!

hp12c

New
He also supplements his summers out of class with "tournament income". :)

Loved reading those updates, and I bet the student is equally as proud of her instructor too. :)
Most of the time shes pretty good and wants help, but sometimes, she is one fiery young ladyand want to be left alone! Just her and her bucket, while she takes a mighty slash at the ball! Dude she hits a beautiful high soft draw with her driver. He coach asked her how do you do that, cause he fades the ball and cant do it, she told him, "my dad said to hit it slightly on the toe to get the ball to draw".

hp12c

New
:):):):) Today finaly played 18 with my daughter. It was so cool to talk golf with her. She wasnt too keen on my help, she was aligned way right most of the day. She was in the rough most of the day and her driver was no good, so she didnt use it today. Good thinf we played and executive course cause would have been a long day. I asked if she was nevous playing with me, she said nope, I was real nervous! but I did ok. from what she tell me I play s-l-o-w, cause I step of yardage off the tee. Her team doesnt, I asked how do you know how long the hole is playing, she said it says on the card! :p. I then showed her on the next hole what the yardage said on the card and what the yardage really was. off by -20yds. -20yds bid deal, I said yes big deal, gotta have a plan of attack for each hole, to have a better chance of scoring low. I kept to my plan to play to the 100yd marker on the par 4rs, had quite a few looks at biride, but could not sink one. She on the other hand had her plan, hit it as far as she can off the tee and go from there. She know her misses though and where to play holes depending on where trouble is. It was a great day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.