Butch Harmon's laser trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim recently recommended this in a thread on putting. I just got it from e-Bay for about $44. It's much better than a flashlight for checking your plane line for all strokes. One note of caution, though. The instruction on the accompanying tape is actually done by Gary Wiren. Overall, a very helpful aid. Thanks Jim.

gumper

Greetings everyone! I have been a member of this site for several months and have loved every minute of it. Brian, as a fellow instructor, I am amazed at your ability to juggle such a busy schedule and still find time to answer so many questions on a daily basis...there are only 24 hours in a day you know! Anyway, many of you may already know this, but I have heard that Homer Kelley actually came up with the idea of a clubshaft with a light coming out of each end to be used to trace the plane line and develop an awareness of the movements involved in doing so. Somewhere along the way, a person learning from him took the idea and patented it for his own personal gain. The way that Harmon and Leadbetter (who put out a similar product) got around the infringement laws was by attaching a laser fitting to the outside of the shaft. Has anyone else ever heard this? Regardless, the Harmon Laser Trainer is a useful tool (imo) and I have used to quite often to further help students understand what an on-plane clubshaft looks and feel like.
Once again, Brian, thank-you for your time, effort, and talent...I have learned a great deal since joining and am constantly searching for new and improved ways of helping my students learn how to control their golf ball and enjoy the game more!

Status
Not open for further replies.