Can someone explain this to me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit a lot of balls in practice...
Why is it you seem to feel more of what is going on with your swing with the driver and 3-wood especially if you are making swing changes...Compared to the woods, irons, especially as they get shorter, seem to feel dead and lifeless...
Apart from the extra length of the shaft, is there any other reason? Maybe a swing weight thing?...

Basicaly, can all the clubs in your set be made to feel as lively the woods, or is this a "difference" you just have to get used to?...

bts

New
The swing plane.

I hit a lot of balls in practice...
Why is it you seem to feel more of what is going on with your swing with the driver and 3-wood especially if you are making swing changes...Compared to the woods, irons, especially as they get shorter, seem to feel dead and lifeless...
Apart from the extra length of the shaft, is there any other reason? Maybe a swing weight thing?...

Basicaly, can all the clubs in your set be made to feel as lively the woods, or is this a "difference" you just have to get used to?...
I guess it's the swing plane.

Bear in mind that kick points will tend to be be lower in shorter irons. You wont need the extra "kick" to get it airborne.

Also the shorter length of the shaft will make it stiffer too.

I did spend this morning with one of the top club assemblers / custom club makers - they make a lot of clubs for many guys on the European Tour, but not sure if I can say who, as they do shift a lot of Miura clubs, so probably secret (contract) squirrel.

Anyway, needless to say the majority of our 3 hours session was discussing shafts and their relative benefits - but I'll post this seperately, once my clubs are in my hand and I've hit a few thousand balls. Pretty sure I won't be disappointed. :cool:

Thanks guys, I've always wondered about that...

Oh well, more expense...:) (but probably cheap compared to changing clubs every other year trying to find something that feels relatively decent...)

Status
Not open for further replies.