Casio Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpro

New
Brian,

Have you printed any photos you've taken in the 40 fps mode? If so, how did they come out? I'm thinking about getting one of the 2 casio offers...

Thanks,

JD

casio

Just a question for anyone who has the 1000 fps video mode... how is the video mode indoors without natural sunlight? Thinkin about getting one but looking for some insight.

Thanks

Just a question for anyone who has the 1000 fps video mode... how is the video mode indoors without natural sunlight? Thinkin about getting one but looking for some insight.

Thanks

You need lots of light far more than the usual still. This was shot at 300 fps under fluorescent lights
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46J-AWlRgos&feature=channel[/media]

If that was under fluorescent lighting which in my mind would be pretty good (I guess it depends how many you have) then what would be the lighting needed to run that camera at 300-1000 fps and get a nice quality video? Details please.
Thanks

Brian,

Have you printed any photos you've taken in the 40 fps mode? If so, how did they come out? I'm thinking about getting one of the 2 casio offers...

Thanks,

JD

The pictures taken in this sequence were in 40fps mode.

Dom2.jpg

From "Shut" to "On Plane"

Notice how he goes from a "Shut" (really less open) position at the top to a very nice club face position at the 1/2 way down mark.

Bruce

If that was under fluorescent lighting which in my mind would be pretty good (I guess it depends how many you have) then what would be the lighting needed to run that camera at 300-1000 fps and get a nice quality video? Details please.
Thanks

This was taken under a four 25W 4 foot bulbs and one 150 spot light along side the camera facing golfer. Indoors during the day with natural sunlight the video works fine. I am sure you could ask Casio and they would recommend the foot candles needed for high speed video. I have not had the chance to bring in addtional lighting and test indoors.

This was taken under a four 25W 4 foot bulbs and one 150 spot light along side the camera facing golfer. Indoors during the day with natural sunlight the video works fine. I am sure you could ask Casio and they would recommend the foot candles needed for high speed video. I have not had the chance to bring in addtional lighting and test indoors.

Thanks

Great Swing!!

Was that taken with the F1 or FH20?

Taken with the FH20, 40fps in Best Shot sports mode then thrown together with photoshop.

He's a 7 (just) year old member of our junior academy and in all honesty most of what he does comes naturally to him. He's only been shown how to get into an 'acceptable' set up and to control his length of swing, the rest is all his.

sorry, off topic...from the impact photo of the kid above, can you tell if the shaft is too stiff/soft or just right?

Shutter Speeds

What Shutter Speeds are available to use with the different "FPS"? While higher FPS allows for viewing in Slo-Mo, the Shutter Speed will determine the "clarity" on fast moving objects.

Also, can you use the higher frame rates and shoot in "Hi-Def"?

Thanks - Bruce

What Shutter Speeds are available to use with the different "FPS"? While higher FPS allows for viewing in Slo-Mo, the Shutter Speed will determine the "clarity" on fast moving objects.

Also, can you use the higher frame rates and shoot in "Hi-Def"?

Thanks - Bruce

On the EX-FH20 you cannot shoot high speed video in HD. The resolutions for the high speed modes on the EX-FH20 are as follows:

210 frames per second at 480 x 360
420 frames per second at 224 x 168
1000 frames per second at 224 x 56

As for shutter speeds in high speed mode, you get everything from 1/250 to 1/40,000.

I don't have an EX-F1 but it's high speed modes offer a little bit more frames per second at a slightly higher resolution. I believe the 300 fps mode on the EX-F1 is 512 x 384, for instance.

I had a chance to test with both cameras extensively prior to purchase and I didn't feel the F1 was worth twice the price of the FH20.

djd

New
On the EX-FH20 you cannot shoot high speed video in HD. The resolutions for the high speed modes on the EX-FH20 are as follows:

210 frames per second at 480 x 360
420 frames per second at 224 x 168
1000 frames per second at 224 x 56

As for shutter speeds in high speed mode, you get everything from 1/250 to 1/40,000.

I don't have an EX-F1 but it's high speed modes offer a little bit more frames per second at a slightly higher resolution. I believe the 300 fps mode on the EX-F1 is 512 x 384, for instance.

I had a chance to test with both cameras extensively prior to purchase and I didn't feel the F1 was worth twice the price of the FH20.

bw- can you actually set the shutter speed manually in high speed mode, for example set the shutter to 1/8000 of a second, or does the camera set the shutter speed automatically in the 1/250 - 1/40,000 of a second range based on other factors such as lighting conditions ... reason i ask is because if the camera's shutter speed can not be set manually and fixed at higher than 1/2000 of a second, frame by frame analysis would be significantly compromised by a severely blurred shaft and club head when the shutter speed defaulted below 1/2000 second. thanks.

bw- can you actually set the shutter speed manually in high speed mode, for example set the shutter to 1/8000 of a second, or does the camera set the shutter speed automatically in the 1/250 - 1/40,000 of a second range based on other factors such as lighting conditions ... reason i ask is because if the camera's shutter speed can not be set manually and fixed at higher than 1/2000 of a second, frame by frame analysis would be significantly compromised by a severely blurred shaft and club head when the shutter speed defaulted below 1/2000 second. thanks.

Yes, you can set the speed manually. I get clear video using 210 fps at 1/2000 even on cloudy days.

If you want clear video indoors, you are either going to need SERIOUS lighting or have to put up with a little blurring of the club. Like all small sensor cameras, it gets light hungry at higher shutter speeds indoors.

There are cameras that do much better in non-ideal lighting but they cost thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.