Club fitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I live in Kentucky and have yet to have a full custom fit done for clubs. Mainly the reason I've never had much done is I had a couple of fittings done for drivers and most of the info I got was not really that good and they were done rather quickly. They didn't help me choose a better shaft or loft, mainly making me try different drivers. Could you guys out there recommend some good club fitters that know what they are talking about? I've had a lesson with Brian about 3 years ago so I'm pretty close to Louisville. Maybe Brian can chime in also since he is around the Louisville area quite often. I would love to go to a Taylormade fitting academy but just too far. Thanks guys.

Just my opinion. I gone both the custom clubmaker route, and the fitting into major brands route. I think think the latter is the best route, given the introduction of screw on heads, is the latter.

So given that you are close to several major population centers, go on the Titleist site, or the Ping Site, etc. and use their Fitting center locators. I expect that you will be able to find several that offer multiple brands. Then filter it down to outdoor range and launch monitor (preferably Trackman). Call them up and make an appointment.

My last Driver fitting was done in a wonderful facility, Miles of Golf in Ypsolanti, MI. I think the fitting was $125, but this was discounted by
some amount $50 or $75 because I bought the recommended Driver.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Funny you should ask about club fitters....

I arrived yesterday with Lindsay Gahm in PHX to visit Cool Clubs and get her her new gear for college.

I will return in June with a Valhalla member/student.

So obviously, these folks do an awesome job.

I will take pictures today of the process and report on her fit.

Thanks Brian, I had seen Cool Clubs before but never thought of them. I might have to look at their packages. I also was just trying to find somewhere around Louisville area also but I do want the best and know I have the correct clubs. But I am going to get a lesson from you Brian before I go and get fitted, I need some adjustments. Let me know when your back in the Louisville area and I'll be there. Thanks also Steve.

I arrived yesterday with Lindsay Gahm in PHX to visit Cool Clubs and get her her new gear for college.

I will return in June with a Valhalla member/student.

So obviously, these folks do an awesome job.

I will take pictures today of the process and report on her fit.

You shoulda told me you were in town Brian. Would love to take you out to dinner and chat.

If anybody else has experience with Cool Clubs, please chime in and let me know how the experience was. In the meantime, we will wait on brian's analysis of the fitting at Cool Clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.