Club fitting session at CoolClubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi brian and other members of the academy
My wife and I are going to Phoenix for a little golf vacation and i want to take advantage of a fitting. I understand CoolClubs is a great place
What should I ask for at my fitting at cool clubs?

I am looking at the titleist ap2 or cleveland cg7 irons...thoughts? or will they direct me to what I need to look at?

Thanks

Hi brian and other members of the academy
My wife and I are going to Phoenix for a little golf vacation and i want to take advantage of a fitting. I understand CoolClubs is a great place
What should I ask for at my fitting at cool clubs?

I am looking at the titleist ap2 or cleveland cg7 irons...thoughts? or will they direct me to what I need to look at?

Thanks

how did that turn out?

how did that turn out?

great experience...well worth the money....suggested cobra pro cb or clevelandcg7 pro (which I bought due to great deal on future trade in for new set) with s300 shafts. The fitter steered me away from Rifle ...felt their quality has diminished. Trackman an eye opener...path too much inside so it was also like a lesson.

Interesting note...Tom Purtzer had trackman numbers that were unbelievable!

great experience...well worth the money....suggested cobra pro cb or clevelandcg7 pro (which I bought due to great deal on future trade in for new set) with s300 shafts. The fitter steered me away from Rifle ...felt their quality has diminished. Trackman an eye opener...path too much inside so it was also like a lesson.

Interesting note...Tom Purtzer had trackman numbers that were unbelievable!

So you did an irons only fitting?

I looked at their website and noticed that they also do driver, long game, putter, and wedge fittings.

So you did an irons only fitting?

I looked at their website and noticed that they also do driver, long game, putter, and wedge fittings.

Also did the driver but what I have was fit pretty good..they are really high on the adams speedline...It is a very nice club.

how many different clubhead brands did you test? Were they particularly high on a certain manufacturer (irons)?

5 or 6..they pushed nothing...basically they make recommendation on shafts and set make-up. Paid a lot of attention to loft gaps and lie angle. I went in with a player iron mentality (titleist ap2, mizuno, cleveland ap7) and they work from there with shaft flex, length, ball etc. and give you a printout with results and recommendations. No pressure sell. I went in telling them I wanted to buy from our club pro.

5 or 6..they pushed nothing...basically they make recommendation on shafts and set make-up. Paid a lot of attention to loft gaps and lie angle. I went in with a player iron mentality (titleist ap2, mizuno, cleveland ap7) and they work from there with shaft flex, length, ball etc. and give you a printout with results and recommendations. No pressure sell. I went in telling them I wanted to buy from our club pro.

what data/information from the trackman were they looking for to help them decide what clubs were right for you, i.e. clubface at impact, ball flight, etc.?

what data/information from the trackman were they looking for to help them decide what clubs were right for you, i.e. clubface at impact, ball flight, etc.?

all the above plus smash factor and clubhead speed. They will give you a printout of all pertinent info on each combination
(head, shaft and ball) and make a recommendation.

That sounds amazing, or shall I say COOL. Do you mind sharing how much? Ballpark? Thx

at the arizona facility they quoted me $450 for a full indoor fitting minus the wedge fitting (so driver, long game (fwy woods, hybrids), irons, and putter). Their outdoor fitting center is closed because of the heat.

they have a facility in Irvine, CA that can do an outdoor fitting. no putter fitting at that facility though.

i believe it's $125 or $150 for an irons only fitting.

at the arizona facility they quoted me $450 for a full indoor fitting minus the wedge fitting (so driver, long game (fwy woods, hybrids), irons, and putter). Their outdoor fitting center is closed because of the heat.

they have a facility in Irvine, CA that can do an outdoor fitting. no putter fitting at that facility though.

i believe it's $125 or $150 for an irons only fitting.

That's not bad at all. I was thinking about 5-6 hundred.

Status
Not open for further replies.