Credit where credit is due...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotham Golf Blog: Martin Chuck

Who has had the greatest influence on your teaching ability?

"In recent times, I’ve learned a lot from Brian Manzella. I’d have to say he’s the person that has pushed the envelope and made us think more about fact and fiction. He’s today’s version of what Mike Hebron did for golf instruction in the 1990’s."

-Martin Chuck, PGA

:)

No need to suck up!

I'm simply a much better and more informed golfer and teacher because of this forum, Brian and his merry band of instructors.

"In recent times, I’ve learned a lot from Brian Manzella. I’d have to say he’s the person that has pushed the envelope and made us think more about fact and fiction.

I agree 100% and me too!

I'm simply a much better and more informed golfer and teacher because of this forum,

Yep, me too!
and a way better player!!

Matt

rcw

New
Just the 90's

I agree that Brian is a great instructor and stays on top of new technologies, and I enjoy his teaching. But I would say that Hebron is still pretty relevant. Have you read his book Play Golf to Learn Golf. Lots of great information on how we Learn.

huh?

I've spent quite a bit of time with Brian, and also with Hebron.

IMHO

Manzella is so much more talented it's a joke.

I enjoy Hebron, and think he's made some valuable contributions towards teaching, just don't see a lot of original thought or creativity in his teaching.

Every time I've been around Brian I've learned something new, although I've only been at this for about 25 or so years.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Thanks a MILLION.

I've spent quite a bit of time with Brian, and also with Hebron.

IMHO

Manzella is so much more talented it's a joke.

I enjoy Hebron, and think he's made some valuable contributions towards teaching, just don't see a lot of original thought or creativity in his teaching.

Every time I've been around Brian I've learned something new, although I've only been at this for about 25 or so years.

Thanks Will.

It means a lot to me, mostly because I know you wouldn't say it if you didn't think it was true.

It really bothers a lot of folks that you have me ranked in the Top 10.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Gotham Golf Blog: Martin Chuck

Who has had the greatest influence on your teaching ability?

"In recent times, I’ve learned a lot from Brian Manzella. I’d have to say he’s the person that has pushed the envelope and made us think more about fact and fiction. He’s today’s version of what Mike Hebron did for golf instruction in the 1990’s."

-Martin Chuck, PGA

Thanks Mr. Martin!

A lot.

Trivia question:

Who was the FIRST "Top 100/Top 50" teacher to give me credit while speaking at a National Seminar?

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Martin Hall: PGA Teacher Of the Year. He payed credit to Brian Manzella (Ben Doyle also) at the 2006 and 2008 PGA Teaching Summits in Port St. Lucie Florida. Both were during his presentations and live lessons.

I talked to Martin Hall on the phone a couple of years ago and out of the blue he mentioned Brian Manzella...he gave him credit where credit was due. That was pretty cool to hear!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Everyone asks me how i got so good so fast and became a teacher, i just say i listened and mimic'd my teacher; it wasn't that hard ;)

However i have added my own line of thinking along the way too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.