Crossing gaurd drill getting my pivot down, but still need work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I stumbled across Brian's website last week because of and early release. So I watched Confessions of a former flipper. And realized the problem was in my pivot. So I did some more research and came across the Crossing guard drill in an artical Brian wrote in 2004. That clicked with me big time! Actually the whole artical did. So I've been working on a good backswing pivot and it improved everthing. But I'm still flipping it (although much better). My downswing thoughts are: turn right hip, push left shoulder away from ball with left foot while keeping head behind hips. Having trouble really pivoting my hands steep enough not to flip it. I think it probably is the reason I'm struggling with the coke machine drill. Any thoughts or drills I should work on? Thanks!!

hp12c

New
Hi, I stumbled across Brian's website last week because of and early release. So I watched Confessions of a former flipper. And realized the problem was in my pivot. So I did some more research and came across the Crossing guard drill in an artical Brian wrote in 2004. That clicked with me big time! Actually the whole artical did. So I've been working on a good backswing pivot and it improved everthing. But I'm still flipping it (although much better). My downswing thoughts are: turn right hip, push left shoulder away from ball with left foot while keeping head behind hips. Having trouble really pivoting my hands steep enough not to flip it. I think it probably is the reason I'm struggling with the coke machine drill. Any thoughts or drills I should work on? Thanks!!

on confessions of a former flipper did you do the drill where Brian makes a divot and then hits the back of the divot he just made and hits the front of the divot and then the back of the divot he goes back and forth, very good drill for lagging the club head both ways.

Yes, started working on that more today. Starting to get the feeling of the pivot moving my arms. Hit hundreds of pitch shots and 3/4 shots. Starting to get the feel for it. Those 3/4 shots go further than my full shots when I pivot correctly. Knowing where the low point is has helped me a ton! I'ts just a matter of getting there properly. I'm happy to be working on something productive. I'm going to keep working at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.