Cured the reverse pivot - but still need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
I should have said it this way:

If you know EXACTLY where you what your right arm, and you get it there, you will NOT reverse-pivot ever.

Just wanted to thank Brian on the great tip to cure my reverse-pivot. I am picturing where I want my right elbow to be in the back swing and just swinging there. My hands are a little high in the swing so I will work on that. But just feel like I am getting a good turn and keeping my left leg stable and not allowing it to bend over my left foot as much.

YouTube - 0921back.MOV

YouTube - 0921side.MOV

Anyways, I am hitting a slight pull draw most swings and am occasionally hitting a sky ball with my driver. Looks like my hands are too far behind my body at impact. Also feel like I cant rotate my left forearm at impact and always get jammed.

Any suggestions would be great. I had to cancel my appt with Brian last month so hopefully he will give me a suggestion.

thanks in advance

jerad

First of all good job on getting rid of the reverse pivot.
Your right your hands are a little high but your left arm breaks down a little so that could be the cause of that.
What about your grip it looks like it might be a little strong, perhaps you should try to get more neutral there.

Just wanted to thank Brian on the great tip to cure my reverse-pivot. I am picturing where I want my right elbow to be in the back swing and just swinging there. My hands are a little high in the swing so I will work on that. But just feel like I am getting a good turn and keeping my left leg stable and not allowing it to bend over my left foot as much.

YouTube - 0921back.MOV

YouTube - 0921side.MOV

Anyways, I am hitting a slight pull draw most swings and am occasionally hitting a sky ball with my driver. Looks like my hands are too far behind my body at impact. Also feel like I cant rotate my left forearm at impact and always get jammed.

Any suggestions would be great. I had to cancel my appt with Brian last month so hopefully he will give me a suggestion.

thanks in advance

jerad

Congrats, Jerad. I fight the reverse pivot, so I know how hard it can be to lick it. Where are you picturing your right elbow at the top in order to get rid of the reverse?

Looks like you over-rotate that left arm even though your hands get high. You save it somewhat at the end by the lift. I do not think your hands are too high, they need to be coordinated with the turn a little more, maybe a LCT would be beneficial. (Lagging Clubhead Takeaway)

Jwat

New
Congrats, Jerad. I fight the reverse pivot, so I know how hard it can be to lick it. Where are you picturing your right elbow at the top in order to get rid of the reverse?

Even though my hand position in my actual swings show different, I am really picturing my right elbow to only go to my shoulder but I always fight high hands. Its my natural swing position. Maybe if I get a little wider and a little stiffer with my left arm then that will improve.

Jwat

New
Looks like you over-rotate that left arm even though your hands get high. You save it somewhat at the end by the lift. I do not think your hands are too high, they need to be coordinated with the turn a little more, maybe a LCT would be beneficial. (Lagging Clubhead Takeaway)

I swung with the LCT all summer this year. Actually just changed it a couple weeks ago. LCT really worked for me for the majority of the year. Just started getting too floppy and loose.

So you think I over-rotate my left arm? Feels like I don't rotate it at all thats why I feel stuck. Interesting

Jwat

New
Okay, so I hit the ball so terrible today. Alot of lower flighted pull draws. Only hit the ball in the heel with my driver. My dad looked at the video and thinks my chest is turning way too early in the downswing.

Any suggestions?

YouTube - IMG_0929.MOV

Your hitting down on that driver... we need to move it up in your stance some, and as for that pull draw it could be as simple as making sure your hitting the inside of the ball.
In Brian's D-plane video he shows if you hit the back of the ball you'll pull it. Your swing looks pretty good keep working on it your not too far off now.

Jwat

New
Your hitting down on that driver... we need to move it up in your stance some, and as for that pull draw it could be as simple as making sure your hitting the inside of the ball.
In Brian's D-plane video he shows if you hit the back of the ball you'll pull it. Your swing looks pretty good keep working on it your not too far off now.

I try to move it forward and really hit a pop fly.

Why are my hands soooo far behind my body on the downswing?

I try to move it forward and really hit a pop fly.

Why are my hands soooo far behind my body on the downswing?

The problem is that your right elbow is getting too disconnected at the top of your BS, which isn't allowing you to get your right elbow back in front of your right hip. Instead your making your entire DS with that right elbow outside of your right hip thus your hands never catch up to your body... this is the reason your hands feel like they're too high as well. Try the drill where you put a glove or a towell under your right armpit and try to make some swings without it coming out, I think this could help you.

greenfree

Banned
You need more f.a.t.s sooner so the club doesn't drop below plane. Force across the shaft the last time the clubshaft is verticle. Then you can get around also instead of just up and down. Your pivot is out in front because it's trying to do most of the work and your hands and arms aren't giving the push from pp#3, f.a.t.s. If that doesn't make sense just ignore it.

Last edited:

Jwat

New
The problem is that your right elbow is getting too disconnected at the top of your BS, which isn't allowing you to get your right elbow back in front of your right hip. Instead your making your entire DS with that right elbow outside of your right hip thus your hands never catch up to your body... this is the reason your hands feel like they're too high as well. Try the drill where you put a glove or a towell under your right armpit and try to make some swings without it coming out, I think this could help you.

The only problem is every single lesson I have had with Brian he wants my right elbow more up and not tucked under. We have worked really hard on that this year. I definitley do agree about the right elbow being outside the right hip. I am hosed everytime.

Jwat

New
You need more f.a.t.s sooner so the club doesn't drop below plane. Force across the shaft the last time the clubshaft is verticle. Then you can get around also instead of just up and down. Your pivot is out in front because it's trying to do most of the work and your hands and arms aren't giving the push from pp#3, f.a.t.s. If that doesn't make sense just ignore it.

Brian has had me hit lots of balls out of fairway bunkers before as a drill. I wonder if this was to get more f.a.t.s? Trying to think of swing thought or a drill I can work on. Sounds right, do you think my pivot is fine the way it is then?

greenfree

Banned
Brian has had me hit lots of balls out of fairway bunkers before as a drill. I wonder if this was to get more f.a.t.s? Trying to think of swing thought or a drill I can work on. Sounds right, do you think my pivot is fine the way it is then?

Your not that far off. I like your swing overall good motion and athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.