Damon Lucas podcast on putting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damon came to America to marry, not golf! Kidding of course. Very interesting regarding top half of the spine being parallel to the ground and views about eye position.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Hi Guys,

I was actually a bit nervous in this interview type format! First time and all.

I need to correct my statement that the spine 'needs' to be parallel to the ground for this kind of stroke. Given that the shoulders are attached to the sternum, and not the spine, it is not necessary, merely preferable to have the top of the spine pretty close to parallel to the surface.

Of course there are many other 'types' of strokes out there that work. As long as the ball gets struck in the intended direction, at the intended speed, there is merit in what you are doing.

Damon

if possible left hand low with an arc stroke. Grip too. Oh and how you setup to the ball to make sure everything is aligned.
Currently working on a nice little arc stroke - I used my Cleveland box (triangle shaped) as reference and use that as a bases of arcing. Works good, but sometimes Im hooking the putts when I alternate (one with the box and one without) and can not stay connected with the left side (likes to roam to the target or anywhere it wants).
Can't wait to study your youtube video!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.