Day One at the Trackman Users Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Well, Jon Hardesty and I are drinking our $4.50 bottles of water contemplating our 45 minute conversation at the bar (ok....my "water is a Corona) with the man himself, Fredrik Tuxen. To have his ear for that long seemed quite the priveledge, to say the least. We will report fully on the content of the discussions after the day two.

One thing we can say is that anyone devoted to this site is waaaaaay ahead of the game with regards to knowledge about the D-Plane, ball launch conditions, and all the mysteries about club delivery.

One interesting little tidbit is Fredrik's take on zeroing out the path and face. I'll go into more detail tomorrow about that.

James Leitz, TJ Tomassi, and Martin Hall presented today with Tom Wishon on deck tomorrow.

Great range session afterward.....a little windy down here but it beats the hell out of Pittsburgh weather. Looking forward to tomorrows info.

One other thing.....I have never been so positive that this will be the biggest thing in golf pretty soon.

Kevin,

Can't wait to hear the details!

How many folks are in attendance?

Anybody talking about the D Plane?

Matt

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
on the road again.....

Ive been driving for two days and filming and teaching in NO with Brian and havent been able to get on the computer. I'll post up tomorrow. In the meantime, are there any questions about the conference in particular?

Hey Kevin,

Anybody talking about the D-plane or the secret of the straight shot from the July Newsletter? Aiming left for irons or right for drivers?

Matt

1. Is there an error on Page 1 of the July Trackman newsletter?

It says above the diagram, "The angle of the D-plane is actually the spin loft."

Shouldn't it be - The angle of the D-plane is actually the spin axis?

2. Does the shaft of the golf club have any direct influence on the Trackman data? Would the data change if the ball was hit with a shaftless clubhead?

ggsjpc

New
1. Is there an error on Page 1 of the July Trackman newsletter?

It says above the diagram, "The angle of the D-plane is actually the spin loft."

Shouldn't it be - The angle of the D-plane is actually the spin axis?

2. Does the shaft of the golf club have any direct influence on the Trackman data? Would the data change if the ball was hit with a shaftless clubhead?

D plane angle(angle between two vectors is spin loft)

D plane tilt(from vertical) would be the spin axis.

Yeah....I think they said it wrong in the newsletter.

If they meant Spin Axis, they should have said "tilt" not "angle".

Planes go to infinity - they don't have "corners".

Status
Not open for further replies.