Dean Reinmuth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnItUp

I saw Dean Reinmuth give a lesson to a woman on the golf channel a while back.

She had a pretty orthodox looking swing which employed a snap release.

The problem was her shots were missing to the right.

Reinmuth instructed her to "release the club earlier" and proceeded to demonstrate a sweep release as the solution.

After a number of attempts her shots appeared to be more on target but the slow motion footage of her swing revealed that she now had club head throwaway.

What a result?

Does this guy really know anything about golf?

Last edited:
if you already have negative feelings about him, forget about his teaching and move on to something else. his ideas wont be able to help you at this point.

I'll tell you why.

Because he is a junk pedaler.

Get it?

No I don't get it. I don't get why you are so angered by someone you don't agree with. So he doesn't teach exactly how you would like. SO WHAT. There are thousands of instructors that do that. So what if hes on TV. You don't have to watch. The anger that you have is only hurting yourself. Think about it. Other people's actions(Reinmuth just doing his thing in this case) have so much control over you that you started a thread in this forum.

Take a deep breath and let it go.

No I don't get it. I don't get why you are so angered by someone you don't agree with. So he doesn't teach exactly how you would like. SO WHAT. There are thousands of instructors that do that. So what if hes on TV. You don't have to watch. The anger that you have is only hurting yourself. Think about it. Other people's actions(Reinmuth just doing his thing in this case) have so much control over you that you started a thread in this forum.

ok :)

I think his venting is fine. His attempt at impersonating Brian's posting "style," is misguided however. Burnitup's choice of words and presentation take away from his argument, which is unfortunate.

Critiquing other instructors and getting frustrated by the massive amount of bad information being sold as "expert advice" is part of this, and every, golf instruction forum. His thread isn't as totally out of line as you make it out to be.

How about a few technical reasons why he is so bad.

Is there a theme behind his teaching that is used from student to student that is wrong?

Are your comments based on the inadequate PGA teachings as compared to the more precise verbidge of G.O.L.F.?

I'll tell you why.

Because he is a junk pedaler.

Get it?

Critiquing other instructors and getting frustrated by the massive amount of bad information being sold as "expert advice" is part of this, and every, golf instruction forum. His thread isn't as totally out of line as you make it out to be.

Its not so much that the thread is out of line because he is criticizing a well-known instructor. That happens all the time on this forum. Its more that his negativity is not helping himself or anyone that is reading this thread.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Dean and Jim

The rules of the game (Golf Business) are the same for everyone.

They are not fair, nor meant to be.

In my case, looking through the looking glass of time, "the way it is" has HELPED ME a bunch.

The 1989 Brian Manzella would have been a star. I would have NEVER become the teacher i am now. No way.

The opportunity for me—thanks to people like Jim Flick, Dean Reinmuth, and all those compelling, exciting, lively, informative, interesting, insightful, knowledgeable, and most of all talented teachers that have "had their shot" on The Golf Channel, in the Magazines, etc.—is unbelievably great.

Thanks guys. ;)

The rules of the game (Golf Business) are the same for everyone.

They are not fair, nor meant to be.

In my case, looking through the looking glass of time, "the way it is" has HELPED ME a bunch.

The 1989 Brian Manzella would have been a star. I would have NEVER become the teacher i am now. No way.

The opportunity for me—thanks to people like Jim Flick, Dean Reinmuth, and all those compelling, exciting, lively, informative, interesting, insightful, knowledgeable, and most of all talented teachers that have "had their shot" on The Golf Channel, in the Magazines, etc.—is unbelievably great.

Thanks guys. ;)

Great attitude. It's nice to see that positivity isn't out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.