Did O'meara dump Haney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Peter Kessler's post U.S. Open podcast he made a statement like, "So does Tiger dump Hank Haney now like O'meara just did?"

This was news to me. Can anyone confirm that O'meara dumped Haney? Was it because he finally figured out that the parallel planes BS doesn't work or was it a jealousy thing?

I wonder if O'Meara will come out with a less teenage girly looking swing. And I don't mean Michelle Wie or Paula Creamer, I'd take their 5 wood shots over O'Meara's drives. If he does, I will have to travel.

Matt

Nothing left

If Mark has changed teacher, good for him. Tiger to follow, that is one following I would agree upon. Only not to the same teacher or teachers. Tiger needs to find BM soon, and dominate again.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Haney.

His crazy plane theory, that doesn't exist, IS a anedote for SOME golf problems.

Just not Tiger's anymore.

Next.

Now as far as Tiger to Manzella...come on, I can't get on the Golf Channel, inGolf Digest, asked to do the PGA Summit, or included on any "lists," but Tiger is coming to see me?

Maybe the NEXT Tiger or the NEXT TIME Tiger changes teachers.

Tiger's problems are more how he thinks his swing than what he accomplishes on the course. His imagery is screwing him up; he has lost sight of what his impact alignments need to be; horse before cart issues of mental priority.

Golf Is Mental Imagery; the boy needs some thinkin' talkin'.

"His crazy plane theory, that doesn't exist, IS a anedote for SOME golf problems."

Like what?

You mean.....you would tell a certain person with a certain swing to try and do that?

Paul_K2 said:
What exactly is his plane theory?

In short, haney believes that the angle of the clubshaft should always be parallel to, and above, the original shaft angle plane that was established at address.

The shaft will end up pointing outside of the plane line / target line at the top like this ugly position:

tiger_home_page.gif

If you attempt to swing like this, though, it almost guarantees a flat left wrist at the top due to the severe degree that the right wrist must bend back on itself to get the shaft parallel to the flat shaft plane.

Tiger's problem is in his head, he now has Faldo syndrome. He thinks there is a perfect swing that puts the ball in the perfect place on the fairway and green every time. Golf is not a game of perfect but a game of misses and Tiger's misses are really bad. There is a point when you can no longer improve your physical abilities.

Just because a guy seeks another's advice does not constitute leaving another teacher...Working with Tour players...is like a "haircut"...You've got your "regular"...BUT.....when you really need one.... anyone will doo...Fortunatley for O'Meara..his new "doo"..was pretty good advice...First hand Info!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.