Do Fast Hands = Greater Swing Speed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about my swing and how to develop more clubhead speed and came to this conclusion: If I swing my hands faster then my swingspeed should increase.Swing my hands to the finish as fast as I can. I am wrong in thinking this way[?]

For reference I got this idea watching Geoff Ogilvy, this guy looked liked he was swinging his hands to the finish as fast as he could get them there[:p].

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Brian

From what I have read, Homer believed that everyone had a natural core handspeed and any attempt to increase this was futile and would lead to problems.

matt

New
quote:Originally posted by densikat

From what I have read, Homer believed that everyone had a natural core handspeed and any attempt to increase this was futile and would lead to problems.

Yep. Everyone has a maximum handspeed.

Something like "no amount of violent effort will change it" is the Homer quote.

The Endless Belt Effect (2-K) describes the increase in Clubhead Surface Speed with no increase in Hand Speed or Belt Speed during Release (two pulleys).
If a player understands its effect, they will not attempt to speed up the Hands during release in an effort to increase Clubhead Speed from release through Impact. Mis-applied Hand speed can kill the swing.

6-D-2 - "surprisingly low, sustained acceleration of the Lever Assemblies produces excessive Hand Speed which irresistably throws the Clubhead into its Release Orbit prematurely".

When in doubt, the feel should be, in Homer's words, "slow and heavy".
See 6-C-2-D

redan

New
Without citing TGM scripture & verse, I would guess that increasing pivot speed would increase hand speed, assuming the RPMs stayed in sync? I seem to remember Hebron somewhere saying hand speed is about 15mph, even on tour, and 17 or 18 mph for the very longest hitters....

Hands at 15, clubhead at 100+... Isn't this why I monitor my hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.