Do you teach based on TGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
or do have some different beliefs?

I am confussed on what the right arm does on the takeaway. I have read in the book that you try and keep your right arm straight until right arm extensor makes it bend, but then I see most say to fan the left arm on takeaway. How can you do both? Which is right?

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by wanole

or do have some different beliefs?

I am confussed on what the right arm does on the takeaway. I have read in the book that you try and keep your right arm straight until right arm extensor makes it bend, but then I see most say to fan the left arm on takeaway. How can you do both? Which is right?

The Right Arm is bent at address and doesn't straigten until Follow-through. In fact, the amount of Right Arm bend increases during the backswing. Extensor Action is the "steady effort to straigten the bent right arm . . . from Impact Fix to the end of the Follow-through" [Section 6-B-1-D; page 68; emphasis mine]. So, you are trying to straighten the Right Arm, but it's not actually happening until Follow-through.

It is the Right Forearm that fans on the takeaway. The Left Arm is never bent until after Follow-through [Section 6-A-4; page 65].

If someone could also incluce in 'wanole' question the answer for what one should feel in the right arm takeaway? Should the right arm be doing all the work (lifting) while the left follows remaining straight? This is an easy feeling to achieve, but is it correct?
Also, my right arm is not bent at address as 'rwh' suggests??

Here is a drill------- Hold your left thumb and fold your rt.arm and go to the top. Notice your pulling your left arm straight while folding you rt. arm. Pressure pt.1 helps push your left thumb away from your rt. ear at the top.

Arizonian, The reason I was asking is because, usually if hands are centered and your right shoulder is lower, the left arm would be longer and straighter. How about that right hand grip? Neutral, Weak (counterclockwise), or Strong(clockwise)?

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by denny.

Here is a drill------- Hold your left thumb and fold your rt.arm and go to the top. Notice your pulling your left arm straight while folding you rt. arm. Pressure pt.1 helps push your left thumb away from your rt. ear at the top.

Denny,

Nice drill. Do you teach that the left arm is inert and the right arm is doing the "work"?

where I get confused is the lift then in part..

My interpretation of the takeaway is move the right arm pointng PP#3 at the target line and continue down that line until the length of the left arm creates the end of moving down and starts the arms up.
Then you just take the arms up as if you feel your right arm still straitening , but it's not. this keeps the right arm from breaking and keeps it taught.

Is this correct.

quote:Originally posted by rwh

Denny,

Nice drill. Do you teach that the left arm is inert and the right arm is doing the "work"?
YES--- Left wrist controls the hinge action(amount of uncocking and rolling).

EdZ

New

Denny,

Sounds like a familiar drill.....;)

(only this can allow you to rotate the forearm too much, doesn't let you 'trace' as well with the right palm/forearm)

quote:Originally posted by EdZ

Denny,

Sounds like a familiar drill.....;)

(only this can allow you to rotate the forearm too much, doesn't let you 'trace' as well with the right palm/forearm)

Ed you are a genius in his own world. Plz take credit for anything you like. Its funny ;)

Brian, How much rope are you gonna allow this clown? He continually takes this to an unacceptable level. Are you sure of the audience he is addressing, when he uses this language? And is this the language you want affiliated with something with your name attached? Its not the first time and its usually the same offender. Points can be argued without this, it add nothing and is usually a sign of a weak point.

quote:Originally posted by corky05

Arizonian, The reason I was asking is because, usually if hands are centered and your right shoulder is lower, the left arm would be longer and straighter. How about that right hand grip? Neutral, Weak (counterclockwise), or Strong(clockwise)?

I use a 'Strong Single Action' grip (10-2-B). Is your questioning because you think one should have a bent right arm at address? I've never seen that, if so ever so slightly. Maybe at 'impact fix'?

When my arms are relaxed they are naturally slightly bent, compounded by a slight axis tilt to the right, it seems as though their should be some slack there. If your right arm is locked straight or if right arm is so straight that right shoulder is jutting out(more prominent with a real weak right hand grip) and aligning shoulders too far to the left.

Was that even a sentence? I can ramble!

Status
Not open for further replies.