Administrator
The Manzella Drlll Top Ten

1. Three-ball drill

2. Hit 'em both (Second ball drill)

3. (Swing down the) The Yellow Brick Road

4. The Bounce-Back drill.

5. Un-Hurdleable Hurdle

6. - 10.

(waiting for ya'll to remember them and fill 'em in)

A few more

The fiddler drill, the divot drill (in your neighbor's yard, of course)....

Also, I agree with your #1...the 3 ball drill is the BEST!!!

Also, not a Manzella drill per se, but I would imagine Manzella-approved:
Ben Doyle's "Wall of China".

One drill I like a lot is hitting chips with one hand only (both right and left), I learned a lot about how the hands work that way and if you flip, you can't do it. What do you think of that drill?

Is the 3 ball drill the one where you line 3 balls up, perpindicular to the target line and you try and hit the middle one?

3 Ball drill

Yes, line 3 balls up in a row, perpendicular to the target line, and hit the middle one. You must take a divot, and the divot needs to be IN FRONT of the 2 remaining balls.

You could do the same thing with by drawing a line with a can of spray paint...the important thing is to PROVE that you either are contacting ball before turf, or you're not.

rwh

New
For Swingers, the "Drop The Arms" Drill is awesome. It's in Manzella instructional article "May The Forces Be With You".

Fiddle Drill and "Drop The Arms"

rwh said:
For Swingers, the "Drop The Arms" Drill is awesome. It's in Manzella instructional article "May The Forces Be With You".

Would the fiddle drill and drop the arms drill be compatible with each other. They seem to be doing some of the same things or would the two be working in opposite of each other.

I like both drills but dont want to be conterproductive.

Thanks in advance.

Flash

3 ball drill

Hue you said
Yes, line 3 balls up in a row, perpendicular to the target line, and hit the middle one. You must take a divot, and the divot needs to be IN FRONT of the 2 remaining balls
Dont quite understand, how much are balls apart and how do you leave two balls after hitting th middle one and leave divot in front of 2 balls? Thanks, joe

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Oh...

The balls are all about 4 or 5 inches apart.

Divot in FRONT of the line,

Head in BACK of the line,

Tailbone in FRONT of the line.

joeparr, the "line" they are talking about is an imaginary one that would be drawn between the 2 remaining balls (remember that you hit the middle one), the idea being that you hit ball first and then turf (i.e. leave a divot). Also, not sure if you picked up on it but they said the 3 balls are in a perpindicular line to the target line, that's how you can hit the middle one (it seemed from your post that this was a little fuzzy).

BTW Brian, your last post just turned this from an okay drill into and outstanding drill (for me anyways). Thanks for the further instruction Sly.

Status
Not open for further replies.