Drive Out Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
<I think a good thought for all to remember is that learning golf (like living life) is a journey, not a destination. We take one step so that we can take the next one.

Problem with all of us is that we get distracted by too many non relevent "road signs" on the journey (both in golf and life)>

Golf and the golf swing is a big subject and the teaching out there now is better than ever and will be better every year.

For those of you absolutely frustrated with trying to swing like Hogan or TW, why not try a hitting pattern? Feel the pressure pt. between the hands at the base of the left thumb or even from the base of the rt. hand into the left wrist from the top of the swing into impact and post impact.

For those of you hitting the range after XMAS, give it a try. There's lots of posts in this forum on the hitting pattern. Keep in mind you don't need a long backswing for hitting. Left arm parallel to the ground is fine. Make sure you get some movement (weight and position) back to the left before "hitting".

Good luck and best to all for the New Year!

Do you really need a long backswing for swinging? I have a tight compact movement that doesn't rely on timing, too much rhythm or a super pivot...

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hitting, Swinging????

I really dislike the whole "package" that some folks who like Drive Loading promote.

Terrible effects on the students I have had to fix.

But "Force Across the Shaft" which will be talked about at length in the "Friends" video, is not only something that might work, it already does in thousands of good golfers.

Three ways to move the club.

That's one....

I really dislike the whole "package" that some folks who like Drive Loading promote.

Indeed. The packaging is garbage and leaves many players eons away from reaching their potential. Pure hitting doesn't exist beyond hacking a punch shot out of the right rough, which is where most so-called hitters end up with their driver... Search button will prove this. Most never get past hitting low little screamers.

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
And the worst part is the name....

...Hitting.

The word brings forth many NEGATIVE reactions by the golfers trying to.

In the MANZELLA MATRIX all three ways of moving the club have a new name.

So easy, no negatives.

I had some (good) help with it....;)

hitting never worked for me, but...!

Trying to emulate a hitting pattern has never worked for me. It produced a low short slicing ball flight while looking like a hacker.

Holding on to the club and letting the pivot do its work has produced much better results for me.

My strength has always been above average for my size. Maybe that's why I never needed a conscious effort to put FATS (force across the shaft) to have FATS.

Recently I shortened by backswing, and it really looks like I'm Hitting. But I'm absolutely not using any right arm thrust. Looking at the video shows that I clearly am.

I have become a "Hitter" without trying to be one!

I was a so-called hitter before it was fashionable, except we called it a pusher stroke. The pop variation of a hitters stroke never lived up to its hype.

I swinger maybe 4 barrel'er?!

I also have a short arm swing, Tong. My right hand feels like it doesn't leave my right shoulder until the very last moment. I basically just pivot-slide, sit into my tilt, hold my right elbow in an extreme pitch position, and then swing/slam my right forearm down plane.

It works!!!

Say No to tinkering
Say No to tinkering
Say No to tinkering

Last edited:
I do like crazy...but I prefer to call it "narrowing down."

(tinkering sounds like something that could never be productive)

Everyone will see in time...

;)

Haha I don't know. I have no concrete plans per-se. All I know is that everyone will see...in time.

BUWAHAHFDHAHAHAHAHAHAHDFHFlakJKGSAGEHLKAJF)@(7498qyjkTQBT.

;)

But yes I will play in the District Am. this year (among other tourneys) and see what I can get done.

Ha. Thanks chummy. ;)

BTW.....Canadian Open would of course be unreal.

I haven't done much competing to be honest so mostly I'm just gonna sound like a cocky douche with claims of any kind. But I'm not closing myself off to anything. I have no reason to.

I keep telling people I'm gonna take over the town this year. I just love to see the reactions. They think I am joking. (joke's on them though)

:rolleyes: ;) :D

(more maniacal laughter)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.