Eldrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two cents, but I don't want to hear how he needs to spend MORE time on the range.

When a player plays well for three days (leads the field in GIR) two events in a row and then struggles with all facets of the game on Sunday, its not a physical issue. Its a mental one.

He's quickly becoming very ordinary.

I will say what I have been saying for 7-8 years with him: when he is not putting EVERYTHING IN THE HOLE FROM EVERYWHERE, he is not that great.

Great player, no question, but not the same guy hitting the ball in almost a decade.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I would also include when he isn't hitting three shots a round that nobody in history could hit, as well as making everything in sight.

It's ok for most of us to agree that we are fans of Tiger and want him to play his best. It's good for the game.

Its also ok to admit that he may never be the force he once was.

IMO, even if he is the greatest athlete that has ever played the game, he's not just some good swing advice or a better teacher away from winning the Masters by 12 shots. There is more to winning golf tournaments than who's got the best mechanics.

Tiger is no longer head and shoulders better than everyone and people no longer fold up shop when his name is on the leaderboard, plus that clutch putting is not so clutch anymore.

At the peak of his newest form, he flat got run over today. That doesn't wash away in the post round shower. He experienced today what he's dished out for over a decade, and it SHOWED.

He will win again, no doubt. But he's now also learning how to not win, and he's giving himself more and more reps at that too.

Should be a fun lead in to the Masters. If you think him dominating (mostly without opposition) was good for golf, just wait to see what happens if he can do it after getting slapped around for awhile. There's a reason the movie was called "ROCKY" and not "Apollo". Only problem is, I don't think he can dominate again.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
With a swing he NOWHERE NEAR OWNS, and isn't even maybe what he will settle on exactly, he has lead after 3 rounds twice.

He is going to RUN OVER folks as soon as they fix the angle of attack.

(pssst., hey guys, more arm swing, more go normal, keep the rest)

S

SteveT

pssst, Brian .... How would you get Tiger to add more arm swing... and go more normal?

With a swing he NOWHERE NEAR OWNS, and isn't even maybe what he will settle on exactly, he has lead after 3 rounds twice.

Hope that you're right, because he currently has a driving range swing that is built only for three rounds.

I'm don't mean to pile on, but my favorite part of today was after TW chipped in, flipped the club to the bag, looked at Romo and said 'eff yeah'....Phil pours in a 30 footer for par right on top of him.

Wind out of sails.

eoscar

If I were Tiger I would quit speaking out against the long putter. May need one in the bag before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.