Fake clubs on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are the fakes but.....

You really have to be a sucker to get sucker'd on Ebay. I only buy from sellers with lots of feedback. Here's some of the deals I've gotten.

08-05 - Almost new 04 big bertha irons - 300.00
08-05 - New Cally 454 Driver - 139.00
11-05 - New Fusion Irons 3-pw - 525.00 Retail around 1100.00
01 -06 - R7 TP Driver with Fuji 757 - 349.00 Retail around 800.00 9.5 of 10 rating all weights, headcvr and tool included.
01-06 - New R7 TP 17,5 Fairway wood - 220.00 Retail 400.00
02-06 - NEW Cally 10.5 Tour/Staff bag - 160.00 (delivered) Retail 400 Just like Phil's
04-06 - NEW MacGregor M585 irons - 210 delievered - Retail 800.00
06-06 - NEW Tommy Armour 845cs irons - 110.00 delivered - retail 500 (for my son)
10-06= New Cally FT3 Driver Tour 9.5 NVS Stiff - 200.00 Retail 499.00
11-06 = New Scotty Cameron Studio Newpot 2.0 - 212 delivered retail 300.00
01-07 - New Mizuno MX 23 irons (graphite)395.00 - retail 1100.00

Had to send the TP Fairway back to TM because the shaft broke. No problems. I did ask for all serial numbers up front and called the various manufacturers. All checked out.

Being the father of 6, I need to look for good deals on my golfing stuff since it is an expensive hobby. I've saved a heck of a lot of $ on ebay.

Also, just got 175 pro v1 x balls for 175 delivered. These balls are in perfect shape. A logo or ink mark is all that's on them. No discoloring, scratches,etc...

do your homework....try to buy new if you can....be extra careful buying used (good feedback, return policy, takes paypal or credit cards vs. money order or checks).

Last edited:
Look closely at the Pro V1s

they too are subject to the crooks

Easiest way to spot fakes is the lack of seam which the original ball certainly has (difficult to tell from photos on internet). Seam runs straight through the printing of Pro V1x 332.

birdie man

The guy has perfect feedback but there is no way those clubs are original at that price. I have seen TM wholesale price list and it is more than he's asking. I guess what I'm saying is feedback does not always protect you - the "fakers" will give you a refund if you are smart enough to figure it out to protect their feedback record. Even if they send you the serial number you MUST call the manufacturer to verify if its a valid SN

hg

New
The guy has perfect feedback but there is no way those clubs are original at that price. I have seen TM wholesale price list and it is more than he's asking. I guess what I'm saying is feedback does not always protect you - the "fakers" will give you a refund if you are smart enough to figure it out to protect their feedback record. Even if they send you the serial number you MUST call the manufacturer to verify if its a valid SN

I have also gotten incredible deals on authentic golf & camera equipment on EBAY...will never buy retail again...the markups are incredible at the local shops.

It's hard to believe that so many happy buyers from this particular seller have all been had. It would be interesting to ask this buyer for SN's to verify authenticity.

?????

I know a guy that owns a local golf shop. He makes more on ebay than his local retail shop. He finds other shops going out of business and pays pennies on the dollar for the merchandise and then sells it on ebay or in his shop.

THis is one way these clubs could be selling for less than wholesale list price.

I guarantee...out of almost 5k in perfect feedback....someone is going to spot a fake. The fakes I''ve seen are not that good. They are easy to tell they are such.

Usually, the fakes are in Calif or Asian counties such as hong kong, tawian, etc.... Many times (but not always) the fakes are sold as sets and listed as "I won these and dont need them", "my father died and never used these and I don't need them", etc....

If I was interested in these clubs, I would go through the feedback and click on as many previous sales as possible. Look at other clubs sold by the seller and prices. Ask the seller, not only for the serial number...but...which sticks (if irons) that the serial number is on.

When I was looking for Cally fusions, the serial number is only on the 8 iron. I made sure that was the response I got back plus, I called Cally with the number and it was ok. Same with the Mizunos. The serial number is on each stick and I called Mizuno for verification.

The pro-vs were used but in perfect shape. They had seems and I had no issues with those balls. Pissed a lot of friends off when they saw my shinny balls for 1.00 and they paid 3-4 times that.

Just like any purchase...there is buyer beware. But, I have had no bad experiences in almost 10 years of buying off ebay. Just do your homework and don't get caught in the moment of the end of an auction. Set a price that you won't go .01 over and quit when it reaches that limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.