FEET&LAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that many players that have late trigger delay and good forward lean of the shaft at impact ALSO... are flat footed, or nearly flat footed, at the shaft parallel to the ground position on the downswing. Some, like Billy Andrade, are nearly flat footed at IMPACT.

Do you think this is part of the formula, or just a variation?

At 5'8" and 140 lbs, Billy knows that his hands must beat the clubhead to the ball by a mile, and that lifting his right heel won't help a lick.

lagster,
it would seem to me that the more your feet at impact are like they were at address, the better the chance you have of staying on plane. i was taught many years ago that you should roll your ankles and not get up on your rear toe too soon. whenever i am not striking it as pure as i would like, i try to hit flatfooted. it works for me! brian, any thoughts?
jimmy :)

Do you think the HANDS CONTROLLED PIVOT players are more FLAT FOOTED through impact than the PIVOT CONTROLLED HANDS players? The more I look at it... the guys with big lag(trigger delay and forward lean of shaft) are USUALLY flat footed through impact.

DDL

New
Personally, flaws in footwork magnify flaws up through the pivot chain. Similar to errors in aiming a rifle; crosshairs off by a millimeter can cause one to be off target many inches. Well my pivot is still in need of rehabilitation. However, I started making much better contact with the ball ever since I stopped tranferring all of my weight onto my right toe at the beginning of the downswing. Actually, my best ballstriking occurs when it FEELS I am pushing off the inside of my right foot with my right heel still planted on the ground.

Unbfortunately, after a 5 day layoff, I went on a shank-a-slice-a-top-a-fat-athon. My only excuse was I couldn't see the ball because I was wearing shades. For some odd reason, I didn't want to suffer snow blindness.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by DDL

Personally, flaws in footwork magnify flaws up through the pivot chain. Similar to errors in aiming a rifle; crosshairs off by a millimeter can cause one to be off target many inches. Well my pivot is still in need of rehabilitation. However, I started making much better contact with the ball ever since I stopped tranferring all of my weight onto my right toe at the beginning of the downswing. Actually, my best ballstriking occurs when it FEELS I am pushing off the inside of my right foot with my right heel still planted on the ground.

Unbfortunately, after a 5 day layoff, I went on a shank-a-slice-a-top-a-fat-athon. My only excuse was I couldn't see the ball because I was wearing shades. For some odd reason, I didn't want to suffer snow blindness.

Actually, glasses/shades can cause the shanks. If you wear glasses with very small rims it forces you to keep your chin lower into your chest to see the ball and the chin then restricts your shoulder turn, often causing a too flat, and too 'rolled' position at the top - which can lead to a shank or cause you to 'flip' to square up. Generally you would also not have enough hip bend to be able to look 'at' the ball directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.