Forum Logging Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to expand the amount of time before the forum logs one off automatically.

Just watched the night time Louisville video on the pivot. By the time the video was over, the forum had logged me off.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I think Brian mentioned earlier that the site had outgrown it's bandwidth and is something that will be corrected before the end of the year.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
you need to have cookies enabled in your browser and you also have to click on the "remember" on the login page.

Some browsers automatically "clear cookies" when you leave that site and thus all of your login information goes with it.

Just a guess, i'm no IT guru lol

you need to have cookies enabled in your browser and you also have to click on the "remember" on the login page.

Some browsers automatically "clear cookies" when you leave that site and thus all of your login information goes with it.

I do click remember. This will happen when I reading in a thread for a period of time (say 10 minutes) and when I go to the next forum it makes me login again. We are not talking about actually leaving the site and come back. Thanks.

Ya I get that when I use IE.........write out a big post then get the shaft if something goes wrong. (ranting/raving gremlin released) I use Ctrl+C now to copy my posts periodically.

????? I stay logged on indefinitely

I stay logged on indefinitely also. Never thrown off. You fellas must have something set wrong, as Jim suggests. I'd look into your setup. I use Firefox mostly, but have IE on the laptop. Never a problem with either.

Computers s**k

Cookies are enabled and "remember me" is checked. Any other ideas?

Cookies are enabled and "remember me" is checked. Any other ideas?

Some Spyware products will delete tracking cookies. It could be a bug where the spyware gets a false positive for this site's cookie and deletes it at the end of your session.

Some Spyware products will delete tracking cookies. It could be a bug where the spyware gets a false positive for this site's cookie and deletes it at the end of your session.

It is unlikely that is the problem (at least for me) given that I have used IE and Firefox on two different PC's at home and at work with the exact same issue. Also, I am not using spyware in either location.

alk3

New
This happens to me too, on here and on other forums. Most forum software has an option for the admin to set a "time out" limit, that is, if somebody doesnt click a link within a certain amount of time (10 minutes, etc) they are deemed inactive and logged out automatically, and need to log back in. Most forums have this, but this one seems particularly quick. Sometimes needing to log in to view each page in a thread if the posts are particularly long.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Time increased

I just lengthened the amount of time of inactivity before log out to 30 minutes. Let me know if this solves the problem.

Thanks

Thanks for your efforts, Tom.

Haven't had an issue yet (or since), but I also haven't been looking at topics or videos of length.

Status
Not open for further replies.