Forward Lean at Top of Backswing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at some video of my swing earlier this week and I noticed that I have a little bit of forward lean at the top of my backswing. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? And, how to correct it?

My guess is that your pivot is faulty...I suffered from it before...Shortened up my backswing and did the right shoulder downplane drill found in Mr Manzella's 4th edition on Youtube with the emphasis on "putting the right shoulder in right hand pocket".

I found a good example here in the forum. If you look at the swing sequence for the thread you started "Manzella Lesson in Baton Rouge" for pld. I look a lot like picture number 3. In other words, I'm leaning towards the target instead of away from the target.

pld

New
all in the set up

The 3rd pic is what I started with and the 2nd pic is how Brian had me pivoting by the end of the lesson. I was setting up with my hips open and keeping my head too still so it made me have a steep shoulder turn and the dreaded Reverse pivot. When Brian adjusted my setup and put me in a position that I could make a good pivot it was really easy. I worked on it this weekend and I really got it down. My ball striking has never been better!!!!!!

Can you share what adjustments you made? I have had three lessons with Brian; I don't think he would care :).

Status
Not open for further replies.