Friends golf swing hip move toward the ball at impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me a suggestion to correct a problem my friend has. He has a tendency on the back swing to over swing a little but when he does this he moves his hips toward the ball. This causes him to lose his spine angle he had at address . I don't know which is the cause and which is the effect. Hips moving in causing him to lose this spine angle. or his coming out of his spin angle is the cause of him moving his hips toward the ball.

Of course the simple solution is to keep the spine angle consistent but he needs a drill or a key thought to think about

Anybody have any suggestions?

It amazes me how well this works to keep from early extension. Moving the left shoulder truly down and out requires a more physical effort than you would think. However, it has really changed my swing, I can compress the ball, do not get too in to out or stuck, and actually am taking a consistent divot. Still a work in progress for the driver and fairway metals, but the irons have really improved. Thanks so much for the article Brian, it is fun getting some athleticism in the swing again.

Hi Brian

Just put my swing on video. I am doing a similar thing. I have a very flat backswing. After transition my hips progressively move towards the ball on the downswing. This is resulting in alot of shots off the heel.

The move you describe above, is this the move that should be made on the downswing, or a move that should be made on the backswing ?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I've had the same issue with my own game. I fixed it, so can you.

Simple solution is the left shoulder needs to go MORE DOWN and MORE OUT on the backswing.

DO NOT start trying to turn downstairs until there is pressure on your right side.

I've had the same issue with my own game. I fixed it, so can you.

Simple solution is the left shoulder needs to go MORE DOWN and MORE OUT on the backswing.

DO NOT start trying to turn downstairs until there is pressure on your right side.

Please explain the last sentence.

Actually good point Jerry.

I have interpreted that as stepping on the right foot. Now that I re-read it I am likely incorrect.

Brian, can I seek clarification also ? Is this pressure as in tension down the right side of the torso or pressure as in step on the right foot ?

Thanks

Did a range session then onto the golf course today. One shot towards the heel. Everything else centre of the face. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.