Full Roll Procedure question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using the twistaway backswing can you use a full roll procedure in the downswing(wedding ring up) or should one just try and hold the twistaway?

If using a full roll is acceptable when should you start implemnting this procedure? From the top and start of the downswing or more toward the trigger release point etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

P.S. I make this post because I have had a lesson with BMAN himself but it has been over 3 years ago and my memory is a little fuzzy and my swing has gotten a little loose and I want to go back to this to tightem my swing back up. Main points from the lesson: 1.twistaway to fix face
2.swing to right field to fix my path
3.wedding ring up(full roll).

If you are using the twistaway backswing can you use a full roll procedure in the downswing(wedding ring up) or should one just try and hold the twistaway?

Depends on where the ball is going! If a little twistaway has you hitting it straight, or with a little draw, then don't worry about wedding ring up. If you are using the twistaway but still losing the ball right, then add the wedding ring up swivel to make sure you don't slice it.

I'm just quoting Brian here.

If you grow confident in your ability to square the clubface, then you can get rid of the twistaway and just use a proper swivel to control the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.