Going to the PODS..anyone I should follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
My favorite thing to do at tour events is to find a mid range par three (180 -200) and park it there for a while. Examine low point and the force that these guys get on top of that ball. Watch trajectory.

My favorite thing to do at tour events is to find a mid range par three (180 -200) and park it there for a while. Examine low point and the force that these guys get on top of that ball. Watch trajectory.

good idea...just read brian's thread on hogan...
does the force on top dictate the trajectory?

Go to the course in the morning, about three hours after tee times started, which would put you at the course at about 10:30. At this point, a good amount of groups are on the course. Look at the leaderboard. Find a player (or ideally, players) that is hot on the front nine, somewhere around 2 to 4 under par. Catch them at the turn, or earlier if possible, and enjoy watching a professional do his thing out there.

I've done this a few times and gotten lucky and gotten to see a few rounds of 6 under or better. It's way more fun to watch a guy put a round together - hitting good shots, making putts, and keep it going on the next hole - than it is to watch a bunch of guys hit the same shot over and over again.

Go to the course in the morning, about three hours after tee times started, which would put you at the course at about 10:30. At this point, a good amount of groups are on the course. Look at the leaderboard. Find a player (or ideally, players) that is hot on the front nine, somewhere around 2 to 4 under par. Catch them at the turn, or earlier if possible, and enjoy watching a professional do his thing out there.

I've done this a few times and gotten lucky and gotten to see a few rounds of 6 under or better. It's way more fun to watch a guy put a round together - hitting good shots, making putts, and keep it going on the next hole - than it is to watch a bunch of guys hit the same shot over and over again.

not bad either! Thanks

Agree with Boo Weekly as well. Love his swing---and that guy takes some HUGE divots.

And agree with Mr. Shields (doubled)---par 3's are great for watching impact close-up. Last year I spent the entire week at The Players Chamionship and a great amount of time at the Par 3 3rd hole which was playing about 175. Due to the wind in their face almost all week they were usually hitting 7 irons. Amazing compression of the ball. They really make it look easy.

also, check out the driving range before or after. see what the pros are working on. you may find some tips there

PODS

Brian

I followed DT from hole 3 thru hole 9 at the Wed Pro-Am. He was very interactive with his partners and accomodating to the fans. I even took his picture with a passerby at one point. He was striking the ball well. I don't like his putter but he seemed to be doing well with it besides the one 3-putt. It seems all his putts have a chance to go in.

Today, I got rained out at about 2:15 and came home. I saw a bit of DT at the range before I went off with the Boo, CH III, and T Herron pairings in the afternoon tee off. Boo is quite a character.

Young Bill Haas is LONG. I've never heard folks comment on it, but he is long.

Status
Not open for further replies.