Good for You John... Fitness and Health are Earned and are Not Given...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the obesity problem is fast food, Doritos, Mt dew, Krispy cremes, lattes and just plain lack of exercise. I can't believe the amount of "fat carts" I see in Wal-Mart because people are either too fat or too lazy to walk down the aisles without a motorized cart.

As for the food pyramid, I don’t necessarily disagree with it except for white breads should not be considered food.

Guitar Hero

I believe the obesity problem is fast food, Doritos, Mt dew, Krispy cremes, lattes and just plain lack of exercise. I can't believe the amount of "fat carts" I see in Wal-Mart because people are either too fat or too lazy to walk down the aisles without a motorized cart.

As for the food pyramid, I don’t necessarily disagree with it except for white breads should not be considered food.

Watch the documentary called "Super Size Me” I think it is called that.

The Truth is... That The USDA Food Pyramid which Deifines "Healthy Eating" in the US is Evil and has Caused the US Obesity Epidemic.....:eek:

you really think people have now or ever based their eating habits around the food pyramid? people eat what they eat because they want to, because it tastes good. matt is absolutely right, the obesity problem is due to the convenience of fast food. not the food pyramid.

Bronco Billy

Matt You are a Walking Contradiction.....

All the Fast Foods You Named above Which You say are Evil are Considered Healthy by the Food Pyramid which you Consider a Virtue......:eek: These Fat Cart People are Victims of the Evil Food Pyramid....

I am an Atkins Zealot... Meaning I Believe Atkins is the Healthiest Diet a Human Being can Eat..... Matt... Tell me if you Consider what I am going to eat Today is Healthy/UnHealthy in Your Opinion.... 4 Scrambled Hot Eggs, 6 Oz JD Sausage, 8 Oz Deep Fried Icelandic Cod, and 6 Oz of Planters Peanuts..... This Food is Expensive... Do You Happen to Have an Extra C Note? John...How are You Holden? Have a Great Day....:)

you really think people have now or ever based their eating habits around the food pyramid? people eat what they eat because they want to, because it tastes good. matt is absolutely right, the obesity problem is due to the convenience of fast food. not the food pyramid.

Thats why Im fat..... plus Im lazy, I dont sweat enough, and I have no self discipline when it comes to making smart decisions on what to eat. I know how to be in good shape, I guess Im just an idiot. I have tried all the diets, including the Atkins. There is no way I could mantain that kind of eating. I have been in great shape before and I stuck with my plan for a while, which included eating fresh foods and meats. And for me, that really worked. What didn't work was FAD diets..I felt horrible and was usually irritable. Like most everything else in life, there are no shortcuts. IMO to be succesful at almost anything you just have to work your tail off and not be unreasonable. Hopefully golf will help me to climb out of my lazy funk and get back in shape and stick with it. Im sure after a while Ill get tired of swinging around my gut and do something about it...Hopefully.

Bronco Billy

You Don't Look Fat in Your Avatar.....

Thats why Im fat..... plus Im lazy, I dont sweat enough, and I have no self discipline when it comes to making smart decisions on what to eat. I know how to be in good shape, I guess Im just an idiot. I have tried all the diets, including the Atkins. There is no way I could mantain that kind of eating. I have been in great shape before and I stuck with my plan for a while, which included eating fresh foods and meats. And for me, that really worked. What didn't work was FAD diets..I felt horrible and was usually irritable. Like most everything else in life, there are no shortcuts. IMO to be succesful at almost anything you just have to work your tail off and not be unreasonable. Hopefully golf will help me to climb out of my lazy funk and get back in shape and stick with it. Im sure after a while Ill get tired of swinging around my gut and do something about it...Hopefully.
vjsinger.gif

Like most everything else in life, there are no shortcuts. IMO to be succesful at almost anything you just have to work your tail off and not be unreasonable.
agreed. but life isn't fair. intangibles play a significant role in health. some people can eat the worst foods in excess and not be obese(I am one of them). some are the opposite of that. gastric bypass is a good option for them. most people fall in the middle.

Billy, the only thing I know about the pyramid is what I learnt in the 5th grade. I had to look it up online for a refresher. To say America eats things based on the food pyramid is frankly ridiculous. Just because Doritos fall in the grain section of the food pyramid does not mean they are good for you. Use some common sense, read the labels to see what’s in them there is a difference between junk food and nutritional food.

As for your diet, I think the peanuts are a great source of protein and the fish is also great for you. I personally don’t have a problem with eggs, I have read lots of contradicting information about them, if anything I would say you fall on the side of the fats “matrix”. I enjoy my fats but that is the only thing I try to limit myself on, too much info about heart disease to ignore. I also believe genetics has some to do with heart disease along with diet; I had two grandparents who ate lots of fats and wound up with heart disease.

As a rule of thumb, the more processed food is the worse it is for you. I eat what makes me feel good physically and that is more towards fruit and vegetable side of the “matrix” but I also have meat at least 4 times a week. Honestly I don’t worry about my weight, its never been an issue for me I am more concerned with long time health and what gives me energy. If I had a weight problem like yourself maybe I would have to look into a different way of eating, although I think you would get the same results if you ate the way I do.

Oh, and I would say you are lacking some fiber in your diet, break down and have a bowl or two of raisin bran in the morning.

One more thing, I am not a big fan of pasta thats not made from whole grain, you lose all the fiber by not going with the whole grain pastas.

Guitar Hero

The "Golf Diet Matrix"

I think in this thread we start the "golf diet matrix". Like Brian's "swing pattern matrix" and let’s see what diet patterns we can come up with. :D

C note? you want monopoly or poker chips....I had eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning and I am still tasting that bacon, I like bacon but only occasionaly, I can't imagine what your house smells like.

Guitar Hero

swami rama found enlightenmnet and for a period of time he only ate a potato a day,
jesus fasted forty days
buddha fasted then ate a piece of fruit
my point?
dont really have one, just thought I would throw that out there
congrats john on loosing weight, should increase the gas mileage on the bike a little too

With all the fiber in my diet I also use a jet engine to blast off every now and then.:D

Red meat, when not overcooked, and of sufficient fat content (you cannot live on lean rabbit or other lean meats), in combination with a limited amount of green leafy vegetables, contains all nutrients required for human sustinence.

Learned that in survival training. Pretty amazing. It's when starches and sugars get mixed in that things go crazy.

Guitar Hero

Red meat, when not overcooked, and of sufficient fat content (you cannot live on lean rabbit or other lean meats), in combination with a limited amount of green leafy vegetables, contains all nutrients required for human sustinence.

Learned that in survival training. Pretty amazing. It's when starches and sugars get mixed in that things go crazy.

OK let's call your diet the middle of the matrix and go to the left for more carbs less protein and to the right for more protein and less carbs.:D

The best type of diet is one that is individualised to your own body, metabolic typing diets do that, although the process has not been fully fine tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.