Hands led Transition - Dunigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the replies guys and espeically to Hue who has been giving me some great advice over email

Without getting too technical my problem is always getting stuck and pushing/blocking

I now think this is because I have too much lateral slide and not enough clearance. I've been working on feeling much more open at impact with the bent right elbow and allowing my arms to swing up and around. To get there ive been trying very much a 'push and pull' type transtion. Im experimeting still with the push, its either a right knee kick or a right hip turn but last night I discovered that i could 'feel' like i was pushing my butt out much like a squat. You can see Tiger really do this move here

http://www.golfswing.com/proswings/woods.htm

That really felt like the lower body was getting out of the way and than I could really 'pull' with the right shoulder down the plane line and up and around. It felt like I sat into my right buttock on the way back and then tried to sit into my left buttock as a transition move, seemed to clear my hips and snap that left leg straight

Im not sure if this butt out/squat move is recongnised or if its a good idea (or indeed if its really caused by something else) but I was getting great results with it last night when practicing. It was away from the hands down first idea I am so used to. In fact hands were the last things to move. I guess im concerned ive found another band aid here or if this really is a good transition though to have ( well, if it works for Tiger;))

Status
Not open for further replies.