Haney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian and others,
I just read Haney's article in Golf Digest and thought that it was a total joke. I can't believe that they print stuff like that. I was wondering if everyone could give their opinions on the article, his new swing, and the fact that he said that he had the driver yips. It seems to me that it was a swing flaw and not the yips as he describes them.

I haven't read the article, but can tell you that Haney has given the 'driver yips' as well as the 'iron yips' to a young tour star.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I have been a voice in the widerness for a long time now SHOUTING:

"The Famous Teachers are WAY, WAY overrated.

and many like, yours truly, way way WAY underrated and overlooked by a industry ruled by low-talkers/free rounds/and good-ole-boy networks.

and many have said...LOUDLY: "You, Manzella, are and swell-headed nut."

...but...there is hope...EVENTUALLY they (The famous ones) wil EXPOSE THEMSELVES AS THE very HUMAN/only-any-good-by-comparison-to-a-typical club-pro guys they are.

I would say...in this article...Haney...TIGER's TEACHER...did just that.

:)

Haney may have well "Hanked" Tiger also, but I was talking about a player from the late 80s - Sam Randolph, who was tabbed by many as the eventual successor to Norman as golf's super star. Randolph is tall and had a very vertical, tight swing with the fastest tempo I've ever seen, including Lanny Wadkins. For some reason, Randolph decided his action wasn't good enough and sought out Haney, who "flattened" his swing AND his career. For the next 12-14 yrs, Randolph unsuccessfully did Q-School and played the lessor tour(Hogan/Nike/Buy.com/) until a few yrs ago, and then fell off the radar.

Here is a prime example of a 'Top 50' instructor who took an EFFECTIVE stroke and proceeded to pound a square peg into a hole. Haney doesn't know about component choices and thinks all swings should look like his.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
quote:Originally posted by mikestloc

Tiger has been wearing hats more often.

In the article Haney explains to the reader that he looks at the brim of his hat rather than actually looking at the ball.

He says that he can't play golf without wearing a hat.

You have to see the pics in the magazine to understand how laughable the article really is.

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by matt

quote:Originally posted by mikestloc

Tiger has been wearing hats more often.

???

It's an inside-out 'brim' shot, Matt. If you haven't read the article, I'm sure Mike will explain. Meanwhile, let's put it this way: If Parnevik ever gets the 'Driver Yips,' he's got no chance. [xx(]

:D

Imagine getting out of a pool with water stuck in your left ear. So you jump up as high as you can and come down with your head tilted to its left so the concussion with the earth will jar the cussed drop of water out of your left ear. Upon landing, drop your arms and hands with an imaginary club in your hand and you are now in Haneys new dynamic impact position.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I met the guy three times and had lunch with him once.

He could not have been more pompous.

I watched him give many live lessons....

...C+ at best

Mac O'Grady once suspected that one of his students was giving his theories to a top teacher. So Mac began teaching misinformation to several students until the misinformation turned up on the cover of a major golf publication with Haney claiming rights to it!! This guy has no integrity or original thoughts. Wonder where he stole his most recent "junk"??

Status
Not open for further replies.