Has Michael Breed Been Watching NSA 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see GolfFix tonight. Breed did a segment tonight on Dustin Johnson's twistaway move. He recommended that people who flip with open faces bow the left wrist, and he even did the credit-card-in-the-back-of-the-glove drill. I was surprised he didn't say, "put the club on the movie screen." He did say it would cure your slice, though. Crazy. How often do you instructors do this sort of thing? Is there any recourse? Is there a code among instructors that you can borrow other ideas or is it verboten?

I've seen the credit card in glove drill illustrated in Golf Digest over the past 15 years or so to help with the flw. The first I saw of the "twistaway" was from Brian in NSA. During a live lesson with Brian, he had me work on it too, but didn't give it name (I knew what it was from watching the video though). I have seen other instructors on other web sites describe the move also. I wouldn't be surprised if they learned it from Brian.

Maybe golf instructors should site their references, but in the end Brian's mission of bettering golf instruction is being carried out.

On the last show he was asked if the club face or the path had more influence on the direction of a golf shot. He said it was a marriage between both, so he's not too up to date on the Trackman and D-plane or didn't want to get too technical.

Last edited:
DJ has an overly arched wrist at the top (ala tTom Lehman?) I am surprised he can hit is so far he must de-arch at some point. I cannot find any really good slo mo of his swing on Youtube.

Ya I saw that. Was surprised at DJ as well. Somewhat like Sabbatini.

I used to be like that. It is somewhat up in the air now. (but still will be nowhere near like it was before)

Status
Not open for further replies.