Help - driver swing plane problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent an hour on trackman today, and the numbers explain my usual shot patterns on the course. Every club goes very straight and true, except the driver which 50% of the time will be a pull hook or slice.

Driver numbers
Club Speed 103.4; AoA -1.0; HSP -4.7; Face Angle -2.2; Spin 2750; Total Yds 283 (pull)
Club Speed 102.4; AoA -3.6; HSP -3.4; Face Angle +2.9; Spin 3877; Total Yds 260 (slice)

And with a 3 wood off the deck, I hit it dead on (pretty much every time)

Club Speed 99.6; AoA -1.3; HSP +2.5; Face +2.8; Total Yds 255

I can see why I'm pulling/slicing the driver: the HSP is out-to-in, and the face angle determines if it goes left/straight/right. What's troubling me is that nothing I can do changes the HSP, and I constantly tinker to swing more in-to-out. Every other club in the bag I can do it, so am at a loss.

It's not so easy to find the right Driver shaft head combo. My purely non-professional
guess is shaft not stiff enough or not stiff enough in the tip.

In my Trackman Driver fitting we went through a bunch of combinations both in
Titleist and Ping. Different shafts produced different results. In my case all the
shafts producing misses were softer and all the misses were draws. General rule of
thumb is that too stiff equals misses right.

I have recently and reluctantly dug out the golf club building equipment and swapped
some different shafts into my Ping G15. I can tell the ones that are too soft. Settled
on Diamana Blueboard 83S made up to 44 1/4 for now. Works nicely for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.