Help i'm going down the shoulder plane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new swing program and i'm going up thru the middle of the elbow plane and near the top my hands move up to the shoulder plane..but on my downswing my hands and club trace the line of the shoulder plane until about two feet before impact where it goes in between the shoulder and elbow plane..

I watched the video of grant waite and on the downswing with hands waist high his club and hands are directly in the center of the two lines and perfectly in plane..how do i get to this position..what do you think i'm doing wrong..My misses are 5 to 10 yard pulls..but most of my shots are straights and 5 yard fades..any help would be greatly appreciated..=)

Sounds like your starting the downswing with your upper body instead of your feet. How's your lag pressure points?

I'm not exactly clear about "Lag pressure points". Can you tell me what they are?

Although i know lagging clubhead takeaway and float loading from BM's videos. :D

I was going by what your misses are, those pulls and fades are basically the same shot, an ott move. I asked about the pressure points because it sounded like you probably had club throwaway and probably didnt have the pressure point. There is several pressure points but the one I monitor the most is the first joint in the right index finger, you should feel the lag pressure with that one. You said you changed planes at the top of the swing, well you need to get back down to the "inside" and for "me" I use a slight lateral shift back to the left which increases my lag, drops the club back to the inside and sets me up for an increase in axis tilt along with the steeper shoulder plane. I am assuming you have the v1 swing software, draw a line on your shoulder plane at the top of the swing and at impact, I'm curious if your impact is steeper or not. A lot of this is speculation without seeing your swing but if you aren't feeling a lag pressure point that needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.