Help my back, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I don't know what I was doing when I engrained this move, but now it's in my swing and I can't get it out. Any help on what is causing the head-dip chase move at and after impact? It is starting to kill my lower back to the point where I'm thinking of quitting.

I was hoping with the new release I'd get the club down more and wouldn't have to get to the ball with the dip. But so far it's not working. Any help much appreciated.

Here are a couple vids and 9 frame capture of the downswing.

sw behind slow on Vimeo

7iron dtl slow on Vimeo

http://i.picoodle.com/ec6irtjz

Last edited:
Look at the guy in the background in the 7 iron video. Compare his backswing hip motion to yours. Watch his forward knee. Your lack of hip turn inhibits your ability to get your back to ball (shoulder turn) which is no doubt part of the issue you cite. You might also try changing your head position with a little rotation to the rear during backswing. Looks like it is restricting your turn back. Note: amateur observation only.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Under turned, tugged early pivot, the all important "catch up" with the body cave to follow. Needs more turn and some unloading of the lead leg to smooth out that transition......IMO

Under turned, tugged early pivot, the all important "catch up" with the body cave to follow. Needs more turn and some unloading of the lead leg to smooth out that transition......IMO

Kevin,

To avoid the tug should I try to start the downswing more with the hands?

I'm also not clear what you mean by unloading the lead leg. Having tried to hit it with my pivot for sometime, I feel like I'm maybe getting to the front foot too soon. Is that what you meant?

Best, Chris

Look at the guy in the background in the 7 iron video. Compare his backswing hip motion to yours. Watch his forward knee. Your lack of hip turn inhibits your ability to get your back to ball (shoulder turn) which is no doubt part of the issue you cite. You might also try changing your head position with a little rotation to the rear during backswing. Looks like it is restricting your turn back. Note: amateur observation only.

Thanks. I know the front knee isn't moving back which would restrict the hip turn. But when I look at the dtl view it looks to me like the hip turn isn't so bad. Or should they turn even more?

Not Kevin, but think he means that you are not loading into your rear leg so the weight is staying on your front leg in the backswing. To unload the left leg you must load the rear leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.