Help! Rolling Wrist Open On Backswing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, if anyone wants to take a break from the Open to help a guy out I'd appreciate it. I think (at least I feel) that I am rolling my hands/wrist/forearms open on the backswing. I have been hitting weak shots with all my clubs and my biggest miss if i can't compensate is a block or big cut. By compensate I mean come over the the top and hold on to it. Yuck I know. This move has even crept into my short game. Id appreciate any explanation of what is causing this and how to fix it. No Bandaids.

Presumably your wrist roll leads to an inside takeaway??..it did for me.

Consider this argument...
#1 function of the hands during backswing is to lift the club...shoulders take it away from ball....I taught myself what I call 'dead hands' which means no wrist roll at commencement of backswing. Swing though: right thumb on top of club for as long as possible.

A goo d thought for me to prevent laying off the club and rolling wrists is to have the club shaft pointing to my right hip as I beging the take away which prevents the club head moving inside the hads due to rolling wrists and forearm rotation.

Just take few practicie back swings to waist level and see where the butt of the club is pointing. If it is pointing towards the target or even mroe right you have manipoulated the wrists / forearms, but have it pointing to your right hip with a club face that is still looking at the ball and you have your solution.

hp12c

New
A goo d thought for me to prevent laying off the club and rolling wrists is to have the club shaft pointing to my right hip as I beging the take away which prevents the club head moving inside the hads due to rolling wrists and forearm rotation.

Just take few practicie back swings to waist level and see where the butt of the club is pointing. If it is pointing towards the target or even mroe right you have manipoulated the wrists / forearms, but have it pointing to your right hip with a club face that is still looking at the ball and you have your solution.

Interesting I usually from my perspective like the butt of the club to point at my left hip on the take away.

Alright, if anyone wants to take a break from the Open to help a guy out I'd appreciate it. I think (at least I feel) that I am rolling my hands/wrist/forearms open on the backswing. I have been hitting weak shots with all my clubs and my biggest miss if i can't compensate is a block or big cut. By compensate I mean come over the the top and hold on to it. Yuck I know. This move has even crept into my short game. Id appreciate any explanation of what is causing this and how to fix it. No Bandaids.

Out of Manzella patterns there are not one, but TWO, great options for you:

1. NSA and the Twistaway backswing (with a relatively flat shoulder turn, as I imagine you already have).

2. SD backswing, with a steeper should turn and no pop-out backswing.

These are different backswings, but both have almost no rolling open of the forearms and hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.