Hitting Down w/driver....Fine, but into Wind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working on my son to hit down, retain right wrist bend and lag.

But his Clev. L460 9.5* just balloons into the wind......crushes it on a quiet day.......

what the trick........N.Dak is a very windy place in the spring
H.S. golf season is on......he wants to go to a lower loft

9.5* Clev L460, r-flex Accuflex Evolution, Swing speed 110+/-
Calloway hxRed 6 handicap

Hitting down is creating all kinds of spin......

He needs an S or X flex depending on his tempo. That'll make a huge difference for sure. You need to hit the ball on the top of the face too.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
not necessarily...that shaft plays stiff and tempo plays a huge part.

You're probably hitting down too much. Dont try and make him hit down, just make sure the ball is back of low point and he is already hitting down. Otherwise he'll just be too steep.

Need to hit down WHILE YOU swing "under the stick"

Ok...................I have purch'd you Beta vid, all your mini vid's-------cant say I've heard you use that term before.............gonna need some clarity applied.....

thanks
Barry

Anyone see the super slo mo on Greg Owen today ? It was clearly a downward strike. Stats were 110mph clubhead speed, launch angle 3.5 degrees, 184 mph ball speed (!). They also showed Vijay and his clubhead was going up. It seems the downward strike is better for compression (and ball speed), but can you get enough height ? Hogan talked about a low shot that rises at the end, this would be a compressed ball with a lot of backspin. But it seems the launch monitors show low spin and high trajectory carries farther.

Status
Not open for further replies.