Hogan fans......Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian how can you tell what starts his takeaway? Looks like he starts with his lefthand(arm). I know the film is old but is that the actual speed of his swing?...joe

Dear Mr. Manzzella: It is an honor for me to have my dad´s Hogan footage linked in your forum. As many golfers that have seen this clip, I also think it is unique and great. An excelent job done by my father years ago...
Thank you very much.
Fernando Cano
Barcelona (Spain)

Dear Mr. Manzzella: It is an honor for me to have my dad´s Hogan footage linked in your forum. As many golfers that have seen this clip, I also think it is unique and great. An excelent job done by my father years ago...
Thank you very much.
Fernando Cano
Barcelona (Spain)

Beautiful video - almost religious with that background music and such a personal view of Ben Hogan - thanks!!

Great Video -Thanks!

This is my first post on this forum. I have a question about set-up and would appreciate the members feedback and thoughts.

In looking at Hogan's set-up on the video and in reading Hogan's book, "Five Lessons" Hogan recommended using a stance that was much wider for the driver and much narrower for the more lofted clubs. For example, for the wedge, his feet looked to be only 4 or 5 inches apart, while the driver his feet were set wider than his shoulders. In addition, Hogan's ball position didn't really change.

Today, I believe most golfers use the same stance or set-up for full shots, no matter if they are using the wedget or driver, but the ball position moves back in the stance as the club become more lofted.

My question: Was the a common approach for Hogan's time? Does anyone else Hogan's approach and what are the advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks,
Ron

Thank you very much.
Fernando Cano
Barcelona (Spain)

Fernando,

Barca o Espanyol??

Javier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.