How to Download YouTube videos as mp4 (for use in QT and WMP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some of you are like me and still haven't figured out how to download YouTube videos to your computer, here's how.

Go to this website Download YouTube Videos as MP4 Files. Do what it says to save the link into your favorites bar (for Mac users, you literally just have to drag and drop the link into your favorites bar).

After doing this, you'll have a link in your bar that says "Get YouTube video". Whenever you're watching a YouTube video, you can just click that link and a new small link will appear in the YouTube sidebar that says "Download as mp4". Click this and enjoy your new video that can be watched in either Quicktime or Windows Media Player.

You are welcome :).

Holeout- you can use Nero vision to make into a DVD -quality is not too bad ( I use Nero 7 w/ Nero Vision 4 FYI)
Also WinAVIvideoConverter if you want to convert to another format. You can even combine them into a single file.
Now you can make a DVD dreaming Manzella Matrix instead of golf channel......
JeffS

Those are great, but what I like about this one is that I can download just by clicking a link that is on the same page with the YouTube video. The ease of use is what's really nice, and if the video is available in HD, you can download it that way too. You should really try it if you haven't. :)

This doesn't work for me any longer and when I hit the link above I get a "Page not found" error message. This worked great for a long time. Does anybody have any ideas on something just as easy to use for a MAC?

Jimmy S.

If some of you are like me and still haven't figured out how to download YouTube videos to your computer, here's how.

Go to this website Download YouTube Videos as MP4 Files. Do what it says to save the link into your favorites bar (for Mac users, you literally just have to drag and drop the link into your favorites bar).

After doing this, you'll have a link in your bar that says "Get YouTube video". Whenever you're watching a YouTube video, you can just click that link and a new small link will appear in the YouTube sidebar that says "Download as mp4". Click this and enjoy your new video that can be watched in either Quicktime or Windows Media Player.

You are welcome :).

Link doesn't work for me. Do you have another?

dbl

New
@Swingobsessed
That link had a javascript way of saving files. Saying what they wanted you to do in a manual way...they wanted you to create a bookmark on your bookmark bar...and then past the javascript code in the 'location" box.

However, the code no longer works with YT's redesigned pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.