I am sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOC

New
I played golf for nearly 4 years and never have a swing coach. The reason is simply - not rich. Besides, coaching standard in Hong Kong is not so good; “return your club head to the address position”; “hit the back at the ball””swing slowly”etc etc… I learnt by watching on-line Golf channel academy live; DVDs; books, and practice with purpose on range.

Results was not bad, I can only play 4-5 rounds on course and driving range practice per month and I managed to break 100 within the 1st year and 90 on the 2nd year. However, the more I viewed the golf channel and dvds, the more I found that swing tips were contrary from different famous coaches.

I kept track with the internet and found out The plane truth by J. Hardy. I ordered through local large book store before published. It seems that the book concluded why there are so many different theories regarding the swing, so you have two set of fundamentals for 1 & 2 plane swing.

Guess what? I scored 100+ for trying to swing one plane…..swing plane swing plane….what am I doing????? Google again…an article regarding swing plane by Paul Smith, I dug into TGM; HK (Homer Kelly not Hong Kong); Chuck Evans; Brain and then Lynn. Of course I brought the yellow book online.

Tunes of free or charged videos, passionate discussion let me improve a lot. I swear I drove 30 yards more; I knew what 3 imperatives are and the secret of playing good golf. Since then, I have so many chances to break 80!

I also made friends with AI of Hong Kong and Leo and I shares so many good information to my friends what is TGM. SO many folks want to know more. I read every night on your site and Lynn’s site (reviewed from Day One), I saw happiness photos of you; nice discussion against anit-TGM guys…I also planned to save money and take long leave to visit both of you. (Very expensive for a poor golfer lives in Hong Kong)

Nevertheless, I knew something happed, I am sad. I missed good old days such as discussion over Horton….

Now, the tripod issue is hot and I saw so many different pictures and lines. As a weekend golfer, what should we do?!

Sorry for my poor English and long.

KOC, do you mean you are confused? If so, I don't believe you could go wrong with trying to pivot much like K.J. Choi or Luke Donald. K.J.'s lower body action is better in my opinion.

Matt

Bah everyone ain't gonna get along all the time.

What can I say man, take everything in and do what you think is right KOC.

Do whatever makes you play best.

Congratulations on your advancements!!! Sounds like you are well on your way.
I don't know the other guy but I would say Tongzilla has a real good bead on what is happening, KOC. Stay friends with him and the AI HK (Hong Kong) and I'm sure you won't go wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.