if you can hit a 1 iron...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenfree:

I'm not qualified to comment on any of the technical stuff, only that they work. All the detailed info you could ever want is on the 1 Iron Golf website so I'd refer you there. BTW I get almost exactly 10 yards distance between my irons.

greenfree

Banned
I looked at the 1ron specs and i notice that every club will weigh about 1lb. Total club weight will have an effect on distance as will shaft length. That's why your Driver is the lightest club as it's the longest,and least lofted. Their driver weighs 14 oz.

Their argument is that half an inch in length between irons doesn't increase distance, but loft angle is the main factor, so why didn't they change the lofts? If the length doesn't matter why did they change the length? Oh yeah, so you can have the same posture and swing plane on every swing. Works some i guess. I'll stick with my old screwed up clubs.

Last edited:
Interesting. Takes all sorts and if they work for you, jolly good. Do they have a one iron in the set? That would be weird.

Can't believe they have called their fitting system WTF though. However, I would imagine that is how a teenager would respond in internet parlance to seeing a set of clubs all the same length. WTF! OMG!! LOL!!!

Likewise I still can't believe Wilson made some irons called Pi5s. You can forgive Toyota for not recognising the implications of selling the MR2 to the French, but someone in Wilson HQ must have spotted that. Surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.