I'm at a loss and humbled....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had a lot of success with the SD pattern. Best yet! Dropped my handicap about 5 strokes. All of the sudden, I lost it.

I've watched the video over and over to try to fix the wrong but....no luck.

SD gave me the best iron shots I've ever had. Now, I am pushing everything right. I am hitting either pushes or push slices.

The driver is the worst part. I can deal with that but the loss of the irons...well, been shooting in mid-80s and yesterday I shot a 116. I had no clue where the ball was going

What might I have stumbled into???

Last edited:
Wow, bill that is tough... going from mid 80s to 116... shesh did you loose the short game too? I feel for you man...

I'm no expert yet... But, it sounds like your coming from the inside, and leaving your club face way open, do you set up with an open club face? I know I used to do this, and thats when the majority of my push fade/slices were occurring.

Bill may I ask if you are grip tight on follow thru. That what happens to me when things go left and right. I try my hardest to stay back and separate my hands past impact (gotta break the chain man!). Remember golf is feel, not mechanics!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Sounds like your losing the feel of the sweetspot. I had a difficult time with this as well when I tried to get my thumb more underneath the shaft. Actually went through a period of the shanks because I was over rotating the left arm and losing the feel of the sweetspot on my right index finger. Thankfully it was just on the range, however it was in my head all day and I hit a lot of pulls as a result.

80's to 116 sounds like more than slices and pushes, you can still play those type of shots.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The live web portal will fix these things in one lesson.

Easy.

Until then, Bill, can you hit balls with the Back-and-forth (only) feel?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Doing....and doing.

Imagine getting the Soft Draw Pattern 1.0 and doing everything in the video, but STILL have the club laid off.

Dead right.

The thing about SDP1 is if you just SWING the club, ala Ernest Jones, and setup very orthodox and slightly right, and sorta-kinda point the butt of the club at the target in the javelin, the toss, and the one last point positions....

You should NEVER go way off.

The ONLY real negotiable position of those three "points" is the "One last point."

Learning that is meant as a BLOW UP the "check swing" finish move.

You could make a perfect SD1 swing up to the one last point, and just go left thumb under and the club wherever it pleases and be just fine.

Have you tried that Bill?

This just happened....

in the 3 rounds over this weekend. So, I haven't had time to go work on it at the range.

I played Friday - shot 116, Sat - shot 96 and Sunday - shot 101. I haven't been over 100 in a long time. 96 would be a top high score of late.

I'm not panicking as I know I am doing a newer swing pattern (although looking back on my last lessons with Brian, this SD pattern is what he was working on with me). I just got lost as to how to correct what I was doing as I >felt< like I was getting through all the check points.

Whoever asked about the driver.......it is doing the same thing now....right of target, either a dead push or a push with a weak slice. I am >>>>DEFINITELY NOT HITTING THE CENTER OF THE FACE<<<< as often as I'd like so the shots are lacking distance. But the hooks are gone.

In fact...come to think about it...I recently posted a thread about troubles with the driver using the SD pattern. It seems when I focused on correcting that....the irons went to hell.

Brian, I will look at your suggestions and see what I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.